Support Hose

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinetee, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Christinetee

Christinetee New Member

Has anyone ever tried those panty hose that are suppose to relieve the aches n pains? I just got a job and stand a lot. Ow!! Does anyone have ANY suggestions as to how I can aleviate my lower back pain as well, the achy legs?

thanks fello Fibroians

Lynda xo
  2. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I was moving around a lot, too. if you stand in one place, ask your employer to provide you with #1: an ergonomically-correct cushioned mat to stand on, #2: a crate or stool of some sort to prop one or the other foot up on periodically (a la the Captain Morgan pose!), and #3: a stool or chair to sit down upon at necessary intervals.

Good Luck!
    lollie
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Lynda,

When I was younger and healthier, I had a job in retail. I couldn't have done it without support hose. If you try the less expensive ones from a department store and they help, you might look at the stronger ones they carry at pharmacies.

For the back pain, you might try using a heating pad on your breaks. You might be able to find a fairly thin one that you can use while you're working--at least as long as it stays warm. I have one that has a strap on it, so it fastens like a belt. I always put it on first thing in the morning for my lower back.

One other thing I remember from retail was that my legs would really hurt if I changed to shoes with a different heel height. I tried to keep them all about the same to avoid the leg cramps and pain.

Good Luck!

Francie
  4. Christinetee

Christinetee New Member

so much for your replies. I'm going to check the pharmacy for those hose. I wonder about those heating pads that are suppose to be for women's monthly's. You stick one on your back where the pain is. I'm going to look into those mats as well.

I am liking the job so it'd be great if I wasn't in pain while doing it.

Thanks again,
    Lynda xo