SUPPORT IN CANADA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debbi, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Debbi

Debbi New Member

trying to find links to suppport groups in Canada - specifically Manitoba - anyone out there
  2. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

I can't be of much help i live in British Columbia.
    A very small town in the country called Grasmere near the border of Montana. I also can't find a support group near
    me. Best of luck to you from Canada.

stephanie
  3. basket21

basket21 New Member

Look up the Arthritis Society in your area. Give them a call as to the nearest support group and they should help you.When my support group broke up I was billed my $20.00 year membership which included their newsletters for Fibromyalgia.
    The bills for the Fibromyalgia came from the Arthritis Society.
    Let me know how you make up.
    Regards, basket21
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I live in Ottawa. The headquarters for M.E. Canada is here. I will look for their address and get back to you. They should be able to direct you to support groups in your area if there are any. We have one called MESH (M.E. Self-Help) Ottawa. It is for people with M.E. (CFS) and Fibromyalgia although the meetings seem more geared to FM lately.

I will post on this thread when I find the info.

Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 02/10/2003]
  5. dmhaver

dmhaver New Member

i did a search for fm support groups in canada and it came up with fibrohugs. it lists all the provinces, click on choice and there you go. i have used this one to obtain info on organizations within ontario and found it helpful, i wish u the same