Support in Colorado Springs, CO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by necl2, Apr 11, 2003.

1. necl2

necl2 New Member

Have had CFS/FMS symptoms for 25-30 years, finally diagnosed in Fall 1985. Also have had Degenerative Joint Disease, especially in neck, for many years.
    Looking for friendship, moral support, mutual encouragement, and some socializing with fellow sufferers in Colorado Springs, CO area--females or males. Especially hope to find others who have been struggling with FMS for many years and who are in the 50-60 age group. (I don't mean only people in those two groups.)
    Someone who uses this board regularly and knows all the "ins and outs" must know of someone in this area and have an idea of how they can get in touch with me, or I with them. I'd very much appreciate any help or suggestions any of you would be willing to give me.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. I am sure you will find many friends on this site. We do have some very wonderful supportive members here.

Sorry, I am not in your area (live in Louisiana), but I know we must have someone near you here.

I have Fibro, and have never in the 20 plus years that I have this met another single person that suffers from FM in person!

Again, welcome and I do hope you find a friend in your area.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. necl2

necl2 New Member

Just your welcome message gave me some hope. Shalom
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm from Denver, now living in Florida, and I used to visit The Springs. It's a beautiful place. When I used to fly, I could always find my way back home from the plains by pointing the nose of the plane between Pike's Peak and the Buckley Balls at Buckley Air Field. I can still remember how beautiful Pike's Peak looked snow covered standing out agains the bright blue CO sky.

Thanks for the memories.

Love, Mikie
  5. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Hi Necl2: Ah, Colorado Springs. I moved from there in October of 2001 because my daughter moved with my grandkids to Farmington, NM and I couldn't stand not being close to them. Unfortunately, I'm having terrible luck with the doctors here (real small town) and I am considering going to a doc up in the Springs who is on the good doc list on this site. I have a granddaughter in Denver so I make the trip up to that area every few months or so. I've recently been diagnosed with fibro (Jan 03), but have yet to find a good doc who "believes" in it and won't just medicate me for the depression. I've come to this board every day for "support" and to keep updated on things and would love to correspond with someone else. Leave me a note here if you want and I'll write you back. I'm planning to be in the Springs between 5/18 and 5/26.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2003]
  6. a121558

a121558 New Member

Hi, I live in Co. Spgs. Recently diagnosed with Fm. It would be great to know some one else in this area. You can e-mail me at Anna12marie@hotmail.com any time. Also would like any info into support in this area.
  7. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

Hi, i am not in CO Springs but will be in Denver for the summer I am sure. I work at the racetrack there during the season. Not next door but always happy to share ideas. Bless your heart, you have had a real run with this awful syndrome. Hats off to you, my dear. Glad you found the board it really helps just having poeple to talk to who can relate! Hugs...Pam2