Support Please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BeckyHurts, Mar 5, 2009.

1. BeckyHurts

BeckyHurts New Member

I set this account up for my aunt who was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and has no support. She is being told it is all "in her head" and is being called things that I am sure all of you have. She is depressed and feels like she is going crazy because of this. She needs support and to maybe hear some of your stories! Her name is Becky and she will be on here looking too! I appreciate it! She just needs people to tell her that she is not alone. Thank you!
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Your aunt will get lots of support here from people who totally understand what she is going through. My advice to her would be to find a new doctor, preferably one who treats FM.
  3. PatDLT

PatDLT New Member

You are not alone, It took a long time for my family to understand what I have been going through. But even though they understand, they do not want to deal with it, so pretty much they keep their distance. Most of my friends are gone. I have a wonderful husband who takes care of me, but most of the time I am alone at home and it gets to me. It has been almost a year now that I broke down with the pain and depression and had to stop working. I have been fighting the insurance companies for my disability finances, but thats like trying to break through a brick wall. Still waiting to hear.

I am taking Cymbalta and I pretty much think it saved my life. I was so close to chucking it all because of the pain and depression. It took a few months, but little by little I got better mentally and emotionally. I'm not saying Cymbalta is right for you, effexor was pretty good too, but it made me sleepy all day long. You do need to find the right doctor and have him monitor you. It does help to have a good doctor to talk too.

I found this website and was amazed on how many people out there have the same thing as I do, after reading so many of the posts, I did not feel alone anymore and it made me feel better.

Becky, you hang in there, there seems to be someone who cares deeply for you to help you set up this post.

Love and hugs
  4. nixon

nixon New Member

It's Andrea, I also replied on the health board.

Your niece Julie has found a great place for you to be...converse with many others in your condition!

I know how hard and challenging it can be, do you have a dr. that believes in FMS/CFS? If not you need to find one. Which state do you live in?? There is a "thread posting" of GOOD DRS. at /near the top of the postings. You might want to peruse that.....there are pages upon pages of info. there.

Hang in've absolutely got bunches of people here that can TOTALLY relate to how you feel, and what you are going through with the family and friends!!

Come on out and tell us about yourself, glad your niece found us for you!

You will get ALOT of information & support here!! Gentle Hugs, Andrea
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Just wanted to welcome you have found a great, supportive group of people and a place where research and treatments get discussed frequently, as well

Becky's niece - I think it's great that you are so supportive of your aunt

Becky - I am sorry that most people in your life are not as supportive and caring as your niece - unfortunately that is often the case with this illness....I understand how it feels not to be believed or to have people dismiss this as being in your head or just depression, but I have read enough about it and I know my body well enough to know that that's simply not's not in our heads. It is a very real and awful illness....but there is also still hope and there are ways to cope and to have as many good days as possible, too
  6. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

First off - my hats off to your neice who set up this account. She sounds like a great support and knows where to look for information. She registered you with a very good message board here. Keep posting - we all have something to offer - including you when the time is right.
  7. nixon

nixon New Member

Just wondering how you are doing/feeling today? Has finding this group been of any comfort to you?

I hope so! Andrea
  8. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hello Becky and welcome to our group. My name is Becky also. I think you we come to love this as place of encouragement and a wealth of information. I have turned to these wonderful people many times when my own family and friends "didnt get it." They just dont seem to understand this diease unless they have it themselves.(Iknow some really try to but....) You will find a wide range of symptoms , ideas of whats working for some as far as treatment. Feel free to share your pain, feelings etc . We are here for you. It is not all in your head and you certainly are not alone.God Bless and gentle hugs from one Becky to another.
  9. melissab859

melissab859 New Member

I know how she feels. It has take having 16 surgeries and a hip replacement to understand this. I understand how the people areound her acts like she's crazy and the werid stares when your having a bad day. I am here if you or her need to talk

10. melissab859

melissab859 New Member

I am being diagnosed on June 19 I am kinda scared. Goodness it only took them 16 surgeries and a hip replacemtn later to understand me. ha ha and they can not figure out why im aggravaited. I'm only 31 i should not feel like I'm 90.

Hope tp hear frpm you soon