Surgery for Aneurysm

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Jan 12, 2009.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I had my surgery date moved up. I'm scheduled to have my anterior aneurysm fixed next Monday, January 19. I had my preop workup done this past Friday. I've got a different neurosurgeon because my other one has gone to another hospital. This doctor is Sunil Patel. He is supposed to be one of the best in the USA. They will not have to shave my head (which I don't care about)because he is not going to remove any skull. He is either going in through my right eye or right beside it. I got the impression that this surgery is kinda' routine for him. What a relief. The aneurysm that ruptured in June was in the back bottom of my brain (cerebellum). I also had meningitis and inflammation as well as fluid. That is why it was so dangerous. Although no surgery is risk free, I get the impression this one is going to be easier and less dangerous. He also said he could clip my olfactory nerve to fix my chemical hypersensitivities. But I don't think I'm going to have this done. Until my aneurysm ruptured I pretty much had this under control with supplements.
  2. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

just wanted to wish you well with your surgery. i have said a prayer for you that God will be with the surgeon, and you as you go through this.

also for a speedy recovery.<3
  3. ETN

ETN New Member

I will be thinking of you. Sounds like you have had a lot going on!

I always thought that with an aneurysm if it bursts there isn't much to do, at least that's what I thought. I have known a few people that have died from it.

Good luck with the surgery. Sounds like you are in good hands with the doctor who is doing it.

Keep us posted and prayers are on your way!
  4. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

good luck with your surgery. Let us know how your doing as soon as you can!

5. 3gs

3gs New Member

I wish you all the best and hope your recovery is an easy one.

Have never heard of clipping the olfactory nerve. May look into this.

Do you have people to help you out?
  6. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Good to hear from you !! This sounds promising. Is this one of those surgeries where you're awake and feel the difference immediately ? Good luck and let us know how it turns out.