Surgery for Deviated Septum. Has this helped you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meditationlotus, Sep 19, 2008.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

My ENT says that I have a deviated septum and that with surgery I will breath better.

Anyone here had this done?

Did it help you to breathe better?

Did it give you more energy?

2. hensue

hensue New Member

i saw my brother go through surgery for sinus deviated septum and scraping sinus cavities. It was horrible. He still snores and still has terrible sinus issues.
    i am not doing it. Evev though i cant breathe out my nose!
    I would like to know also if anyone has had the surgery.
    what exactly do they do?
  3. Dixielanddelight

Dixielanddelight New Member

ive had the surgery in 2004...wasnt to bad and it helped alot w/the headaches i was having..i still have some issues but nothing like it do it again if i had to cause it did help
  4. Spinetti

Spinetti New Member

about ten years ago - deviated septum corrected, opening to sinuses enlarged, and epiglottis removed.

It helped somewhat with chronic sinus inflammation and congestion. Removal of the soft tissue at the back of the mouth helped with nighttime breathing problems, but it was a lot to go through for modest gains.
  5. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

for your comments. I have heard really good things and really bad things about this surgery. Not sure it is worth it.

I will think about it some more.
  6. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

i had it and in my case it did not help w breathing or cfs . so i wish i had not done it. what has helped my nose more than anything is the medication called Singulair.

also someting called nasal irrigation- an easy painless cheap treatment you can do at home. its flushing out your nose and sinus cavities with salt water.

about the surgery- maybe it depends on how badly deviated your septum is. ??

good luck
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2008]