Surgery frustration

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by dash, May 18, 2004.

1. dash

dash New Member

I am scheduled for left shoulder arthoscopy at 8:45 tomorrow. This is to clean up arthritis, remove bone spurs, and repair a rotator cuff tear.

Today, I received a call from my orthopedist's office. The anesthesiologists group that serve the hospital, do not want to do the surgery because I have sleep apnea. I do not have a cpap machine yet, and have to wait until June 9 to have my titration test.

Now during the period of Aug.-to the present I have had four lithotripsies, a nephrostomy tube insertion and a precutaneous nephrostomy all under general anthestesia without any problems. In fact with the precutaneous nephrostomy I was out 3 and 1/2 hours, chest down. I was intubated as percaution for that and it went fine.

I have to have three orthopedic surgeries done, and I really want to start tomorrow. I'm in constant pain and just want it done.

They said for me to come tomorrow morning and talk to whatever anthestiologist I'm given and see if I can get them to agree to do it.

Please pray that this can surgery can be done and done well without any complications.

Della

[This Message was Edited on 05/18/2004]
  2. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

so very sorry you are going through this.
    I am going to put you in the Lords hands and pray for you.
    you will be in my thoughts, lets us know how it goes.
    Love Lisa
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying for you as you requested. I`m sure you just want to get it done and over with. I was that way with my knee surgery. It will help a lot with your pain. My knee and legs were hurting so bad before surgery, and now I hardly have any pain in my legs. It sure is nice after years of it.

Good luck with your surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery and alot less pain like I did.

Sandy