Surgery is scheduled....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Aug 28, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,

My surgery is scheduled for Thursday. The plan is to go in and remove the cyst from inside the ovary. The ovary should be fine and after the cyst is removed should shrink back to normal size.

Thanks so much for those of you that thought about me and for your support. I needed it. I have been a baby about this.

(((HUGS)))

kate
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Kate,
    I know everything will be okay. Best of luck to you and I hope things will calm down for you after this. Take care and I'll be thinking and praying for you.

Big hugs,
    Faye
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Will they be doing this with a laparoscope? I hope so, you will have fast recovery.

Hope all turns out ok and you do fine..

[This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm sorry you have to have surgery. I would love to have heard it had been averted. You are totally NOT being a baby about this. I'd be quaking in my booties, sucking on my soosy.

I'm still curious though, since you are chemically sensitive, just how do you handle all these hospital visits? Esp. when you have to stay overrnight or for days. Yikes, I know it would be brutal for me, and just that part alone would need a few days recovery, not counting the surgery.

jeanne
  5. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

you all the best..keep us posted..

Thinking of you
    Tami
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

When I read this, you had no replies yet. I figured I'd be the first, but 4, count them four, peeps had beat me to it.

jeanne
    (the fifth wheel)

oops: ok, so I can't count, it was 3 peeps, and I'm the 4th wheel
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  7. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Thanks so much you guys!

Right now I am listening to the rain fall in our fireplace and it sounds soooooooooooo good! I just want to go on a really LONG vacation somewhere but that isn't happening ANYTIME soon.

The hospital where I have to have my surgery doesn't take our insurance (well they do but they only cover about half) so we are having to pay for about half of the surgery out of pocket.

My husband was arguing with the insurance company a lot today too but they can't do anything to help us.

The surgery needs to be done so we have to pay.... My doctor is worried if we wait to long with the cyst being inside the ovary if it ruptures it could hurt the ovary. So....

Oh well, I have my vacations in my books.

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

((HUGS))

kate
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

I'll be thinking about you on Thursday! I'll be a the surgeon's office getting the stitches out of my knee, but that will make me think of where you will be!!! LOL

I'll also be saying a prayer for you.

I know everything will work out fine!!

Love,
    Janet
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You know we'll all be thinking about you and sending warm wishes your way.

Um.... Kate.... you do know that water isn't supposed to fall in your fireplace, right?????

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

have you tried birth control pills or hormonal pills first to see if that helps?

i am the queen of cysts ont he ovary....periods were never regualr when i was younger (teens)...then when they tried to do surgery for my right ingurnal hernia repair....my pregnancy test came out positive...false that is...urine positive...bloodwork negative...

so he pulled the left ovary out through the right ingurnal incision...drained it and put it back in...
    tried the pills...didn't work for me...then laprascopy...drained it..size of a grapefruit...you couldn't tell i was about 103lbs.....

then they went in a month later...bikini line cut...sniped off cysts on ovary..then 4 months later back in again...bad pain...

couldn't even lift my foot up to put it in the car when sitting in drivers seat....hurt like heck...so i saw him again...e.r surgery...scar tissue grew from uterus to the ovary to my pelvic bone...great big cyst...begning..

anyways...when i got pregnant...i misscarried..then i had cody 5 months later...meaning pg five months later....anwyas...i had another dr. tell me after he was about 1 year old i had another cyst...and he was getting creepy w/pelvic...i had no nurse in there...and anyways. said i needed a hysterectomy...well that was when i was 26 years. old...i am almost 42 and stil lhave all my parts...

the dr got into trouble... and a divorce...i wonder why...

anyways...a second opinion is always great...

but it can still come back ...it has happened to me...i wish you the best...

jodie
  11. findmind

findmind New Member

Have you read about the fact that we shouldn't use the sodium channel during surgeries? I think its listed on this site (maybe in the research or other articles in library)and maybe ncf-net.org. Histamine producers may cause problems, also; they should be avoided (especially curare derivitives).

Tell your surgeon some people with CFS have trouble coming out of anesthesia and must be monitered very closely, ok?

I know of these things first hand, and have an ER bracelet listing them.

Best wishes to you, I hope this is the last health care crisis you have to deal with so you can just get on home and enjoy that precious chilD!

findmind
  12. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

It's too bad we couldn't have the same room. I'm scared also and the thing I hate most of all is being put to sleep.
    Not the pain I mean that's part of our life. Well good luck to you hon.
    Take care and speedy recovery,
    Mary
  13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

for you, Kate and for OnlytheStrong....take care! Terri
  14. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Terri,it's a comfort knowing your there.
    Take care,
    Mary
  15. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm sorry that you are having yet another problem. I hope things go well; it will be over soon and you can concentrate on recovering.

My thoughts go with you
    Kathy
  16. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

It's not fun having any procedure done, always scary but you will be just fine!!

HUGS & BLESSINGS,
    Kelly
  17. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Thanks again everyone!

I just got back from doing my pre-op at docs and have to go back to get my chest x ray and ekg this afternoon. It is an endless task getting ready!

Anyway, thanks for your support! And yes it is just a laporscopic surgery so I should be just fine. I was being a baby! LOL I will be fine! I just need to hurry and get well because hubby has to leave for a business trip on the 11th.

jlh - Congrats on getting your stitches out!!! I know you are relieved hon!!! (((HUGS)))

Onlythestong - Yeah too bad we couldn't be roomies even if it was only for the recovery time. LOL What is your surgery for? ((HUGS)) I will be thinking about you hon!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) to all!!!

kate
  18. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...I'm so glad you could do this the laparoscopic way---not saying that it's a piece of cake, but it is so much less invasive than regular abdominal surgery. You should recover fine---when I had my orange-sized cyst removed this way, I did fine afterward, didn't cause an FM flare as I'd worried it would. One thing I'd recommend...TAKE your pain meds afterward, even if you normally don't use pain meds...this is one time it makes sense, and, I believe, leads you to recover better without ending up in a flare.

Oh, I'm glad you have this scheduled---I'll be thinking about you on Thursday and saying a prayer...

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  19. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...about your bill. I recently had some out-of-pocket expenses to pay my local hospital for bone marrow testing on my sibling (the insurance co pays if it's a match, YOU pay if it's not; she wasn't a match for me). Anyway, the pricey bill came, and I called them to make sure it was accurate. The hospital's billing dept. said, if you pay TODAY using a credit or debit card, we'll automatically deduct 20%. I did this, and saved a few hundred dollars. If I hadn't called them, and just stuck a check in the envelope with the full amount, I would never have known this!

I have often heard you can also negotiate the bill with your local hospital, even if they don't automatically have a deal like I got. So check on this when you're well!

Hugs,
    Pam
  20. carebelle

carebelle New Member

We will be thinking of you !