Surgery tomorrow Jan 3rd... advice, UPDATE Questions..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Having the "bad" nerves removed in my stomach tomorrow (result from a past staph infection after abdomnioplasty) So I do not know when I will be back on. I am praying everything will go okay - having a flare right now, so extremely worried about infection and pain afterwards.

I had my lymph node biopsied last week. ENT says "so far so good, but needs to come out, and look at it further" He scheduled surgery for that on January 3rd. It is causing me a great deal of pain so I am anxious to get that out.

Does anyone know if it seems these surgeries are too close together for someone with Fibro - or in general?

Any advice on recovery or any tips would be appreciated.
    Please say a prayer for me... have a bad feeling about this and do not know why.
    Hugs
    Kim
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Prickles and Wake - Thank you..
    Wake, I had a staphinfection after stomach surgery and when they had to clean out all of the bad infection (with a scalple) they cut into some of my nerves. I get very bad off and on pain in my stomach that feels like someone is holding a match to my stomach, then it goes away and comes back as it pleases. They will cut them a little more and then inject what is left with some sort of med, that should stop this pain.

I am sure I am not explaining it well....

Thank you all for your support. I will be back on lineafter I pick up my son tonight.
    Hugs
    Kim
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am just getting ready to leave for the day, but I wanted to send positive thoughts and prayers your way. Try not to worry too much, the news about your lymph node is good! I will be thinking of you and please update when you are feeling better. Kim :)