SURGERY TOMORROW

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Nov 5, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Hi everyone - tomorrow I have to have surgery for gallbladder removal. I would sincerely appreciate your prayers.

I am determined to get it over and be strong!!

I asked the doctor to keep me in the hospital one night - they will try to do it by laparascope - there is always slight chance they have to do the regular surgery but I hope not.

Thank you everyone...
  2. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

HI there, I know I haven't "met" you yet, but wanted to wish you well with your surgery and recovery anyway. I checked out the picture on your profile and your dawgies are soooo cute. I have three! Get well so your fur-babies can have their Mommy back. Best wishes. Susi-di
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I had that surgery last year. It isn't too bad. Your tummy will be sore. But you'll feel so much better after getting rid of that nasty old gallbaldder, haha!

It will be worth it, you'll see! I'll be praying for your speedy recovery! Don't be scared, it's not a hard surgery, as far as surgeries go anyway. All surgeries are awful, I know. But it didn't take me too long to recover, after about a week or so I felt pretty good.

Take Care!
    Jesus Loves You!
    Kellyann
  4. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I had my gallbladder removed last year and it went very well. I asked to stay in hospital overnight (mainly because the doctor knew I had three teenagers at home.) But, I was done with surgery by 6:30 in the morning and got tired of laying in the uncomfortable hospital bed so I went home to my own!

I was up the next day doing laundry!

You will do great and my prayers will be with you.

Blessed Be,
    IowaMorningGlory
  5. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

Good luck! I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow!
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

All will be over before you know it. Everything will be ok. We will all be thinking of you and will be waiting to hear from you when you get back home and get to feeling better. HUGS!!!

Kriket
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thank you everyone. Here I am at 1:32 am and cannot sleep!!!!
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Be sure to ask the doc to order an anti-nausea drug to be used PRN following surgery. It took me forever to get it.

Tomorrow is one week post op and I'm doing great except for a virus, probably a chronic Herpes Family Virus, which has tried to reactivate.

You are smart to stay overnight. I'm glad I did. Just rest and get better. Moving around as soon as you feel up to it is good too. Best of luck. Hugs and prayers coming your way. Let us know how you are as soon as you can.

Love, Mikie
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Best wishes on your surgery- take good care of yourself! Terri
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

for you. I may be having this soon too. Hope all goes well. The keyhole surgery is a lot better than the old way.

Take it easy.

Love Anne
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I missed posting on your home again post so glad you are doing so well.

Having been up all weekend with this darn issue, going for sonogram today, it would seem easier to have the surgery.

Take care.

Love Anne
  12. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I just said a prayer for you and your family! Have speedy recovery and know your in my prayers!

Love,
    webby
  13. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

Praying for you to recover quickly!

Take care of yourself and REST!!! Surgery of any degree can take it out of you...so take care of YOU!!!

HUGS,
    Lisa
  14. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear PV Lady:

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope they can do it laproscopically. My mom had pancreatitis 16 years ago, along with gallstones and she has the very long scar...she nearly died, as it had gone too far.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs.

Ingrid
  15. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery my dear...Im praying for ya!!!!!

HUGS to you!
    -Diane
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Let's get those prayers going. They really do help.

Love, Mikie
  17. carebelle

carebelle New Member

you will do fine .Thinking of you with prayers.
  18. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

I hope your surgery goes (went) well & you have a very speedy recovery.

Pamper yourself for a bit, you deserve it!!!

Prayers for you,

Theresa
  19. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending healing thoughts and prayers for your surgery tommorow. I`m glad to hear they might keep you a nite. I think ill people need some extra care when they have surgery.

My mother and brother had their gallbladder out. They both felt terrible before and great afterwards. I wish you the same good luck with it.

Hugs,
    Sandy
  20. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

Dear PV, I lived in Calif all my life til 48 when I left Irvine to come to Durango, Co. I loved it but hubby didn't and we are now in Loveland, north of Denver.
    I hope they are able to do the smaller surgery and you will be able to get a lot of rest and support afterward. Hugs, Penny