Surgery tomorrowPrayers please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Jul 5, 2006.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I am having a 3 level lumbar fusion tomorrow morning.

The orthopedic surgeon will be taking out the hardware that I already have in my lower back, and will be going up 2 more levels, and replacing it with rods, screws, cages, and bone from my left hip. NOT looking forward to this!

I have lost LOTS of sleep over knowing that this is in my future, but my spine is deteriorating to the point that if I don't continue to have stabilizing surgeries, I will be in a wheelchair. So, this isn't an option for me.

I appreciate all your prayers. As you can imagine, my fibro has been at its highest levels lately. And I'm sure the surgery will really aggrivate it, too. But hopefully, with some relief to the lower back, some of the fibro will calm down. At least that's what we're shooting for!!

Thanks to all of you ahead of time. I'll be back when I'm able!! PG
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Best of luck to you. I am sure you will do great. I am sending you good thoughts.

Take care of you,

Karen
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Will be praying for you and thinking of you. God Bless.

Love Anne Cromwell
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Oh Sweetie, I feel your pain. I really do. I pray that you can put all your fears in God's hands and that you will be at peace. I pray that you will "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; that you will follow Him in all of your ways so that He may direct your path".

Pepper, tomorrow I will be praying for you,for the doctors and nurses. And, I will be praying for your during your recovery time - may it be a speedy one.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Wishing you all the best tomorrow. It takes courage to do this but you know it's necessary. You will be be back here before you know it!

Kahty.
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I just wanted to say that I've had three surgeries, of different types, since FM and always expected the worst as far as recovery---instead I was pleasantly surprised each time; yes, the recovery from the surgery took time, but it never caused a major FM flare.

Do take your pain meds---this is not a time to be stoic. And rest, rest, rest afterward. I'll say a prayer for you!!

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  7. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I have said a prayer for an easy recovery for you.

You can look forward to the anesthesia! I think FM'ers should be given anesthesia once a month for a weekend. I would feel so much better!

LOL
    Susan
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and i will be thinking of you and how successful this will be

jodie
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.

Kriket
  10. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Good Luck to you and you will be in my prayers.

Ann
  11. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

and much respect. I don't see that you have much choice here. You need to be stabilized and your back has to be stronger. I wish you a very successful surgery and a most speedy recovery.

Here's hoping your recuperation is easy and that this Summer brings you much relief.

Much luck,

Arlene
  12. TAM

TAM New Member

HELLO PEPPERGIRL52
    I HOPE YOUR SURGERY GOES GREAT. I KNOW IT WILL TAKE YOU LONGER THEN MOST OTHERS SINCE YOU HAVE FIBRO AND THAT SEEMS TO MAKE EVERYTHING WORSE BUT I HOPE YOU HEAL QUICKLY.

I HOPE YOU HAVE A QUICK RECOVERY, MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.
    TAMMY
  13. darvick

darvick New Member

I'm so sorry your going through this. I will keep you in my prayers and hope this time you will not have to go through another surgery.
    Huggs and Prayers
    DAR
  14. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

PepperGirl,

My prayers are with you and wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and also take all the help offered as you recover.

BlueSky555