Surgery update

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by dash, Nov 19, 2003.

1. dash

dash New Member

Hi Folks,

Well, I wanted to let you know how my kidney stone surgery went. I'm sorry to say, it didn't go well at all. The short story is that they couldn't get the stone. The long story is well long...

First, the wire that was put into my kidney through the nephrostomy tube they inserted Friday was twisted. During the Tuesday surgery the wire was suppose to be the guide for getting a catheter, another wire and scope down into the ureter. At one place along the ureter it became too narrow and those things wouldn't pass through. So they went to pull things back up to try again and the wire in the kidney came out. They called in a radiologist to reinsert the wire. They tried this for another half-hour.
    Then, they had to give up.

I go back to the urologist on Friday to discuss "options" and "strategies". My husband and I have different styles of handling this thing. He is very reactive-this is incompetence, they should be able to handle problem scenarios. I am more laid back, the unknown and unexpected happen and doctors are not "perfect" people. The truth and the right attitude to have is probably inbetween.

I am just so very tired of all this. I don't want to try this again, but I know that I will ultimately end up with an even worse health problem, if I ignore it.

On top of this, my oldest daughter is coming into town Friday. We have been estranged over very serious lifestyle issues. We are going to see her, but it will be very awkward and painful. Please pray that her eyes will be open to God's truth and that she will be able to know that we love her deeply.

Right now we are under a severe thunderstorm and tornado watch. I guess I made it back home just in time.

To all those who are posting prayer requests, I'll be praying for your needs-even if I don't have the energy to post.

Della
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Della,

Sorry things didn't go well.
    But I'll be praying that the Lord shows you the way and gives you answers and solutions you need. God Bless you.

Danny
  3. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I am sorry things went so hard for you concerning your surgery. I know how you feel when you say you are tired of all this, but you know that some things have to be done. I have left my doctors office in tears before, after he says I need yet another test.I will pray that our Divine Physcian will touch you and you will not need to go back.
    I also understand how your husband feels, it is hard to watch someone you love so through such a procedure and it things don't go the way they were suppose to. Dr's are after all human, and sometimes we lose sight of that.
    I too have some problems with my oldest daughter, and I know that can be stressful. Just remember that love always covers a multitude of sins, and it's by the unconditional Love of God that we were drawn to him and now know him as we do. I will pray that the Love of God will flow through you and your husband and that she will be touched by it.
    I often marvel how we raise our children to be independent, and then when they are, and the make decisions, we then wish they were young again so we could sit them down and tell them NO! I never listened to those who watched over me much either, and now as I am older I see that they weren't being mean, they just wanted to save me from the pain of my decisions.
    I know that God sees your every need, and his ear is not deafened to your cry for help. He is there with you now, and will not leave your side, try to rest in Him.
    Hugs to you
    Takesha