surgery yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Mar 18, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I had releases done on two tendons in my left hand yesterday. went well, the docs actually listened to me about the fibro and my weirdnesses with meds. home and healing now.

Odd thing, though. I had way too much energy yesterday afternoon, realized later that post surgery I HAD NONE OF MY USUAL FIBRO AND ARTHRITIS PAIN! What a wonderful experience! I guess it's possible to be pain free sometimes. (the post op pain started late last night as the local numbing stuff wore off. It was a general anesthetic surgery, though.)

I will ask the doc about that, about what meds they used on me, at my follow up appointment. Maybe there's something useful here.

When I came home yesterday, my dogs were very worried, stayed right by me. I'm sure I smelled all wrong to them. I can still smell the chemicals on myself today!

and now I will heal.

Peace, beth
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Pleased all went well and wish you a speedy healing.

Re that pain killer-Ithink it could be Fentanyl as when they gave it me, all my pain lifted even a 3 day migraine.

Logve Anne C
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Tendons take a long time to heal. Best of luck for your recover.

Love, Mikie
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad the surgery went well and that you had some pain free time. Take it easy; be good to yourself as you recover.

Kathy.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Beth:
    Happy healing! Your dogs probably do get a scent of the surgury from you. It is suppossed to (according to 'Trivial Pursuit') be for all of us the strongest sense: scent.

Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. BethM

BethM New Member

for the good wishes. I'm doing pretty well, so far so good. typing one handed is NOT fun, though.

I think I'll have a good recovery!!

Peace, Beth.
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

glad you made it home and painfree!!!

i so remember being pain free when i was in the recovery room and the nurse asked if i wanted anything for pain...she said yes you do...she said the morpine will sting or burn but it will go away quickly...

oh so it did...i felt like superman...nothing hurt...my head my feet my back every body part felt like it did when i was so much younger...i am only 41 and at the time i believe i was like maybe 38 years...so i not really that old...i just have physical problems..

but i came home and cooked dinner for my son...since the ex-boyfriend was too busy getting drunk at the bar...and here i had my mother stay in michigan because the ex-boyfriend said he would come take care of me and cody...nope that didn't happen, he went to bar...then he went to his mother's were he still lives..

well i am called you are fine and you have your protectors there with you...

jodie
  9. Dots

Dots New Member

Beth , I wish you a speedy recovery going your way,let your family pamper you now.You have done it for them,so lay back and enjoy. Dots