Surgery's Over And I'm Home

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, everyone. Thank you all so very much for your good wishes. The surgery was done last Tues. laproscopically with four small incisions. I had a really rough time the rest of that day so I stayed overnight in the hospital. My care was subpar to say the least. Yesterday, I was much better and came home. I'm up early today as some friends were here to pick up my daughter and take her to the airport.

I don't know what I would have done without her. She has worked as a nursing assistant and is now in nursing school. She was a God send that first day.

All I have to do now is rest and recouperate. I still am swollen and sore but that is to be expected. Y'all are gonna laugh--the first day following the surgery, I had to get up and use the restroom because they were pumping fluids through the IV like crazy and they didn't catherize me. Every time I got up, I projectile vomited straight bile. It took forever to get the nurse to get permission to shoot some anti-nausea meds through the IV. I was the color of the white wall and sick as a dog. This young kid comes in to take my dinner order and wants to bring me fried chicken! As sick as I was, I laughed til it hurt.

I could keep nothing down til yesterday and can only eat a few bites at a time. Still, I'm up and around and since the incisions are so small, I'm able to move around pretty well.

I'll keep this short and probably won't be online too much but I just wanted y'all to know I survived and to thank you for everything.

Love, Mikie
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I hope You will be up and at em, real soon.
    GOD Bless your Daughter for taking such good care of her Mom.
    WIll keep it shor (lol) and say,
    Hurray Up and Get Well. :eek:]
    sharonk
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Mikie:

Good girl! You took it all like a pro. Strong people we FM/CFS can be.

nyrofan
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

So happy to hear the surgery is over and you are home..I do wish you a speedy recovery and no CFS crashes...Prayers are with you...

greatgran
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so glad the surgery is over for you and that you're home now.

Just remember to REST!!! Don't try to do things too soon, take this time to take care of yourself and rest when needed. And I sincerely hope this surgery helps you to feel better soon.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  6. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I'm very glad to know that you are home- you poor thing! I'm sure you're glad that it's over!
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

i'm glad your daughter was able to be there with you.It doesnt surprize me she is a nurse .I bet she a wonderful person just like her mom.

Rest and get well we will watch for your return.
    God bless and keep you
  8. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I'm glad it all went as well as it did. Make sure you get the rest you need. (I even had my parents say a prayer....they have a better pipeline to the top than I do!)

My daughter is an RN, and I thank God every day that she's willing to look after my old butt when the time comes.

Sounds like we're both very lucky mothers!

Regards,

Eileen
  9. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Thanks for letting us know so soon that you are OK. You know you've been on our minds! The worst is over now. I'm so glad you had a good nurse during that first day.

Just rest and recover and you will be better than before!

Take Care
    Kathy
  10. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I'm so glad to hear that all went well and that you're back home so soon. I hope the rest of your recovery is restful and peaceful.
    Prayers are coming your way.
    Love,
    Terry
  11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Nobody gets fried chicken after a surgery, and yours was nothing to sneeze at! I'm guessing if they offered that to someone who didn't know what they were doing, they would eat it and be pretty sorry! Usually it is jello and broth after surgery. Hopefully you are starting to be able to eat real food again...take care of yourself- hugs, Terri
  12. 1faith

1faith New Member

That's one surgery you won't ever have to repeat!!! When you do start eating "normal"-watch out for fatty foods-they might give you diarrhea!
  13. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I bet you are glad you are home.

Hospitals are no place for sick people. lol

I laughed at the thought of them bringing someone who was projectile vomiting fried chicken!

After my first child was born. I wasn't feeling too well! The nurse brought me chili on soggy toast, with brussel sprouts for dinner! I couldn't believe it! All I ate was the yogurt cup!

hugs Redwillow

14. tandy

tandy New Member

So glad your surgery is over!
    Thats half the battle won~

Now,...lie low for a few days and you'll be back in no time.
    Just thought I'd mention,.......
    On Larry King Live tonight (thursday) is a segment on The Secret. I think 9pm. ??

You had brought that topic up to us and its so great that its gonna be talked about on TV.

Hope you catch it while your resting~
    well wishes~
    Tandy
  15. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

So happy you are home and that's over...

Love,Alicia
  16. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Mikie - so glad it is over - wishing you a speedy recovery. Please rest and take it easy!

Sigh of relief.. it's all over now & I hope you feel so much better once you are recovered.
    Hugs
    Kim
  17. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

glad you're home and surgery was a success. I was sick after mine too a couple of years back and I'm positive it was a reaction to the anaesthetic.

Fried chicken would have gone down a treat.....lol.

Take care and hope you're on your feet soon.

love
    Rosie
  18. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Relax and get the rest you need to get back to "normal".
  19. kbak

kbak Member

Glad your home! Once you get over the recovery, you will feel better. Gallbladder can make you so dang sick. At least I sure hope you feel better.

Can't imagine the doc not ordering nausea meds for you. DUMB.

One day at a time, one day at a time...............

kbak
  20. jjoys

jjoys New Member

Maybe if you had aimed the projectile at the nurse she would have gotten your anitemetic sooner. :) Just kidding. I'm an RN too. (And blond! Nothing worse than having a blond RN. Hee!) Glad you're home. Redwillow's right . . . hospitals are no place for sick people. Ha!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2006]