survey any correlation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grayfryer, Oct 7, 2005.

1. grayfryer

grayfryer New Member

just as matter of interest how many sufferers here have also had nasal surgery ,turbinectomy (see empty nose syndrome web site for more info) in the past and have since been or on their way to be diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

I had lots of URIs when I was a kid, and had the old tonsils/adenoids/eartubes surgery in kindergarten. I did pretty well until grad school when I started getting sinus infections. When the CF got going and got bad, my sinuses were even worse. I had sinus surgery (bilateral ethnoid, max's, and part of sphenoid dealt with about four years ago. I still have an occasional cold with stuffiness, but my nose and ears don't get infected the way they used to. On the off-chance that they do, it takes much less time to get rid of. I didn't have a turbinectomy, though. The ENT decided to leave them alone.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/09/2006]
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

..I did start to develop FMS symptoms after an outpatient procedure in which it was discovered that I should not be given Succinylcholine. I have Pseudocholinesterase Deficiency-which was no fun. I think all of my problems are due to this but can't prove it and I do not have the money for a bunch of genetic testing.

Thanks,

Karen