Survey...Different types of pain...are all FM related???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerryS, Feb 2, 2007.

1. TerryS

TerryS Member

Hey Everyone:

I have several different types of pain going on. I need everyone's opinion as to which one(s) are FM pain. All of my pains affect all four extremities.

1. Deep, dull, achy pain that feels like it comes from the bones.

2. Aches, pains, and stiffness in the joints. (Feels like arthritis to me).

3. Muscle pain. Every movement hurts. Feels like I've been beaten severely.

4. Tingling/slightly burning. Feels like low voltage electricity running through my feet and legs. Have to keep moving constantly. (Is this FM or simply restless legs?)

Thanks for any info you can share!!!
    TerryS
  2. momXtwo

momXtwo New Member

but I have all of those symptoms and then some. My first neurologist looked at me like I had three heads and said she hadn't the slightest idea what on earth could be wrong with me. I changed neurologists after about 4 visits.

I hope someone with lots of knowledge will be able to say definitively that these are all FM symptoms or not.
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I get all of those too. The tingling think is neuropathy (nerve disorder) and quite a few FM'ers have that also in addition ro restless legs.

I also get what I call "OWWWIE's". I get a sudden sharp pain, could be anywhere, that makes me yell out.

Another one, (I'm guessing) is the rib area problems, Costochondritis. Sometimes it feels like something alive is trying to crawl out from in between my ribs.

I've had everything tested again and again. It all seem to come back to FM or FM related.

What in interesting condition!!!

Regards,

Eileen
  4. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Terry,

Yes, they are FMS related. I have all of those & than some.

The tingly burning feeling in the legs & feet where you can't sit still at times is RLS.

Have you been to a doctor yet. Sounds like you need your tenderpoints checked out & than seek immediate treatment if you haven't already.

I'd like to say it's not, but it sounds awfully familiar!!

Good luck & I hope it's not something worse. You want to get tested because it could be something more serious like M.S.

your concerned friend,
    Fun
  5. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

I have all those too but the cost thingy someone else was talking about plus the zaps which I gather is the neuropathy.

I also have this severe horrible neck pain Ive had for 22 years. I really think doctors think we have a few aches and pains and don't truly understand what kind of pain we are in. I saw a site recommending narcotics for peripheral neuropathy and I'm thinking to myself, "hey, most of us have that too yet the docs tell us no narcotics for YOU." Sorry, I'm having a bad afternoon.

Good luck, just know you are pretty normal. Do what you can do to feel better be by going to pt or whatever.
  6. TerryS

TerryS Member

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the replies. Sorry I didn't give a little more history in my first post.

I was diagnosed with FM back in September 2006 by a rheumatologist. In addition, I have also been diagnosed with primary biliary cirrhosis (an autoimmune liver disorder) along with numerous other positive abnormal labs.

I'm in the process of fighting for my long-term disability claim and applying for SSDI. I just wanted to confirm that all of these different types of pains that I have can be attributed to the FM.

TerryS
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

1. Fibro related.

2. Arthritis related.

3. Fibro related.

4. Neuropathy related. Have you ever been diagnosed with neuropathy (nerve pain)? Are you a diabetic?