Survey: Explain Your Pain.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PeterPiper, Mar 1, 2007.

1. PeterPiper

PeterPiper New Member

Here I am sitting on my couch with pillows all around trying to find a good position with minimal stress on my already painful muscles and joints. I take a few minutes to flex my feet and legs to keep from locking up and not be able to stand later.

I would like to know what other people's aches and pains are like? Where are they? How intense are they? How long do they persist?

Just a quick silly poll I know, but it would ease my pain knowing what others are feeling.

PeterPiper
  2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

That's what my pain feels like!

And then you can add to that awful feeling every single day of my life....

the pain of migraines,( which feels like my head is going to explode and nausea so bad you don't want to move )

herniated disks in my back FIVE of them and it hurts so bad I cannot find a way to sleep comfortably......

...... sinusitis, muscle spasms, muscle cramps that burn so bad it takes your breath away......, numbness and tingling in my arms and hands, stomach pain, and severe pain at the base of my head and all through my shoulder area!

Some days the pain is worse than others, but overall I feel like I have a case of the flu that never goes away.....and I ache all over.

Hugs
    Doxy

[This Message was Edited on 03/01/2007]
  3. monamea

monamea New Member

Hi PeterPiper

I am tired all the time, I have sleep apnea and narcolepsy, I can only sleep on one side so when I get up the pain is so bad that it takes my breath away. I fall asleep while talking on the phone or reading a book, I scared to drive my truck because I have a hard time staying awake.

My hands are swollen so bad that it is hard to open a bottle, my legs are swollen and painful from the Lymphedema that is constent. They are so bad that the ted's imbed in my legs which causes my ankles and knees to swell and burn.

My chest is on fire all the time and feel like I'm having a heart attack. Some times it feel like someone is sitting on my chest.

My stomach is hurting from a new hernia (my sixth one). I've had 6 surgeries in 3 yrs. and my stomach looks like a treasure map and is so scared inside from being cut that it hurts everytime I stand up or bend over. That's my pain, there is more but this is enough for now.
  4. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi Peter, i've always found it really hard to answer this for a doctor, since it is so random and changes constantly, not to mention makes one sound like a lunatic!<P> I've started keeping a "pain diary" one week out of the month for my pain doc. and when i read it i agree with most of the docs that think i'm just CRAZY!! <P> Majority of pain is TIGHTNESS and TENDERNESS, like when the back of your legs are resting on the recliner it hurts, when you try to walk and straighten your legs, it hurts, severe pain and knots in neck and often feels like neck won't support your head, then cracks every time you move it.<P> Then--there are those constant RANDOM pains, a burning in the bicep muscle (whats left of it), a sharp pulling in the groin area, sometimes a sharp, sharp pain internally (i would only elaborate this one to a confirmed female), a severe tightness and tenderness of the MIDDLE sides of back, and i could go on for hours!<P> A lawyer told me to just pick a few areas or i sound like a liar, as NO ONE can believe ANYBODY has that much pain, as frequently, as scattered, as unprovoked, etc. Then you get a disability form with 2 lines on it to "describe your pain"--funny! <P>I always tell my pain doc that the pain scale used in hosp./dr. offices DOES NOT APPLY to chronic pain and there needs to be a better one for chronic pain, as i am always at an 8-9 on their scale, but on my own scale in my head (i need to invent this--many dollars could be paid!!) it is usually a 3-4 with esc. to 8-9.<P> Then you get the "well-meaning" mother, sister, spouse,friends that tell you "we all have some pain as we age--THEY JUST DON"T GET IT!! I had natural childbirth twice and would have done it more if i could afford the after effects, had surgery while going thru the fibro and felt GREAT with a chest tube in and my chest stitched shut, but had magnesium in ICU and was able to run around the hosp. where i worked and everyone told me i walked and looked better 1 day post op then i had in 3 years! I really am not a "weak person", and i doubt that any of us on here are, i've always had an incredible pain tolerance, but this just kicks you right in the backside and never lets up! Oh well, enough rant, have a great day--L
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Karen :)
  6. Chestercat

Chestercat New Member

burning, stinging, biting, slicing, stabbing, tightness, swelling, nausea, numbness, aching, crushing...........

this week has been particularly bad. I wake up at night and can't move; I have to try to rock from side to side just so I can start to move but the agony is unspeakable.

I must have done something pretty bad in my last life if this is karma.

Gentle hugs,
    Chestercat.
  7. nightngale

nightngale New Member

real bad in legs and just started with top of right upper thigh last month that is a stabbing deep one spot pain the tramadol was taking away all my pain but not now. Had a weird bout of pain in left arm, shoulder, etc, now neck too, arms weak and fatigued and when I lay in bed sometimes I wake up in pain like where every part of my body touches the bed. Then I have to take the ultram at 10:00 am or I will be in ssoo much leg pain. And I feel like I am walking through mud or water.