Survey-How many hours sleep at night/naps during the day?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SoxFan, Oct 17, 2005.

1. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

These are my answers:

CFIDS, Fibro, or both? CFIDS
    Avg hours sleep per night? 8 1/2
    Naps? 1 hr nap twice a week
    Quality of sleep? Good

I always feel like I could use more sleep, but my schedule doesn't allow for any more! I was wondering about other CFIDS and Fibro patients.

2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Fibro
    8 hours per night
    Naps as needed
    Quality of sleep. Poor

This should be intresting. lol.
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

FMS, endometriosis, IBS, IC (interstitial cystitis)
    Average eight hours per night
    I take a nap every afternoon - average 1 1/2 hours
    My quality of sleep has improved, but I don't wake up feeling like I'm going to set the world on fire. Of course with FMS, most of us don't get enough of the Stage 4 sleep.

Ellen
  4. jennypee

jennypee New Member

Fibro
    between 5 and 8 hours sleep
    2-3 naps per week, depending on how much sleep I'm going on
    quality of sleep is poor... maybe 2 good nights per month

Ambien has been the most helpful. At least it gives me quantity, if not quality.
  5. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I take a percoset around eight each night and try to prevent the back pain from getting too bad to sleep then at bedtime (usually around ten), I take my xanax. Usually sleep for about 3 1/2 hours then another percoset and if I am lucky I go back to sleep soon and sleep another four hours. Total is usually from 6 to 8 hours each night. Since I am not working now, if I can relax a little around two in the afternoon, I do but I know not to sleep too long because then I can't sleep at night. I am thankful though because not too long ago when I was working full time, I was lucky to get four to five hours sleep total with no naps whatsoever. Hope this helps.
    Stinker56
  6. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Fibro
    Average sleep with Lunesta 5-8 hours, without Lunesta 3-4 and wake up constantly and hear every noise/movement in the house. With the Lunesta, I have a better quality of sleep and sleep longer. I still feel tired all the time, does anyone ever get over being tired?

Nap--not usually, because falling asleep just doesn't happen with me much! I get really exhausted sometimes and cannot move, so I collapse in bed for a while.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2005]
  7. bozey

bozey New Member

CFIDS & Fibro
    Sleep 7 hrs a night
    Naps, no cause can't sleep at night if I do
    Quality Good
    I only say good because, when I fall asleep I don't wake or even move until my hubby wakes me to make his lunch at 6 am

Tho' on weekends, I will sleep 10 hours straight.

bozey
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have CFIDS, anxiety/depression and mild to medium fibro...My sleep is poor.
    I usually sleep 4 to 5 hrs at night..I lie down about twice a day sometimes not..just depends on how I feel..If I have over done
    someitmes I will sleep off and on most of the day..

Usually 4 to 5 hrs sleep at night
    Nap of 30 min to an hour everyother day unless flaring..

If I have had a bad and upsetting day I will take an extra xanax at night and maybe get 7hrs sleep..Usually I do feel better the next day with the extra few hours sleep..

I am so unpredictable its hard to say as I vary from day to day...
  9. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

FM, Arthritis, Pinched nerve in back

SLeep 4-6 hrs in bits and pieces
    Naps, Work full time so no naps
    Quality of sleep? Very poor

Take Ambien and Trazadone
    No Prob falling asleep but cant stay asleep
  10. Juloo

Juloo Member

Weeknight sleep -- from about 11 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Sometimes I wake at 4:30 and toss and turn the next 2 hours.

On weekends and Mondays and Fridays that I'm off, I'll go back to sleep from 9 to after 1:30. This past Sunday I 'napped' from 1:30 to 6:30.

My sleep is so screwed up. I don't feel rested, and I have bruxism. Also, I yawn all the time.
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

No real average, I fear. I have FM, but the thing that affects my sleep most is depression not under control like it is now.

So, lately...5-6 hours a night. It is not straight as I wake up at least once during this time. Last night I woke at 12:30 and didn't get back to sleep until 4...the alarm went off at 6:20.

No naps since I can't sleep. But when depression, etc is under control, I can sleep at night and nap during the day.

Sleep is not good, not refreshing. Feeling like a zombie right now. Going to call my psychiatrist about this med change which doesn't seem to have worked.

I may have another answer in a week or so. Who knows?

Sue
  12. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

These are my answers:

CFIDS, Fibro, or both? CFIDS
    Avg hours sleep per night? almost 12 with klonpin, 2 without
    Naps? never, can't nap
    Quality of sleep? awful

When I take the klonopin I sleep FOREVER even with a 1/4 pill of the smallest dose. Without anything I can barely make it 2 hours.
  13. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Both
    10+ hours per night
    nap every day at least 1.5 hours
    Quality, usually pretty good if the pain isn't too high.

I am on several night time medications-Klonopin, Doxepin, as well as my nightly dose of Methadone and Topamax.

It's a wonder I even wake up, huh??? :-0 PG
  14. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

CFIDS, Fibro, or both? FM

Avg hours sleep per night? 6-7

Naps? Very rarely, maybe once a month maximum
    (Does it count if I wish I could nap? I would if I didn't work full-time M-F)

Quality of sleep? Fair
    (I wake up once or twice but can usually fall back asleep, but never feel rested when I wake up, also very stiff in the morning. My neck almost always hurts and my head aches in the morning.)

15. schaken

schaken New Member

FMS

Sleep 5 to 7 hours a night though I am in bed 9 hours. Wak up 2 o 3 sometimes more duting the night.
    '

Naps --- Only way to get through my day. 2 or 3 on a day off only 1/2 at time.
    When I'm working 1 maybe depnding whom I am working for.

I do respite care in afternoons.

Leslie
  16. malinta

malinta New Member

Re: Survey

These are my answers:

CFIDS, Fibro, or both? CFIDS and fibro
    Avg hours sleep per night? almost 6 with klonpin, 4 without
    Naps? never take naps
    Quality of sleep? poor

17. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I have CFS and FM.

I sleep 6-7 hrs a nite. I usually take a 2-3 hr. nap during the day.