SURVEY; WHO GETS NERVCE PAIN THAT ZAPS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I HAVE NOTED THAT my "usual" back of head, neck shoulder and face nerve pain/tingling/numbness has suddenly started roving about in an odd way.

I will of a sudden get a zap half way down an arm, or under my foot, or on other cheek, or just below the knee. Not a wide feeling, but a narrow pinpoint type of zapping that can last anywhere from seconds to hours. It is not painful, feels like a got stung in very small area by a nettle.

Anyone get this and if so, what is it?

Love Anne Cromwell
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

but mine hurts very badly.. more like a hot knife stabbing and I hold the area..... and then it eventually lets up.

Wish I knew what it was. Kind of like being shocked too I guess.

Hugs :) Kim
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

For more replies
  4. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Like being shocked descibes what happens to me exactly.I never know when it's coming and let out a little shriek.DH is pretty used to this by now LOL.
  5. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I have the same problem and it is so uncomfortable. I get zapped--you never know where or when this will happen. Its a short but sharp zap that feels electric. My numerous surgeries have left me with much nerve damage and the nerve endings haven't healed properly. So, they "shoot" energy randomly and this makes me very nervous and agitated. Must be the same for you.
    Further, I have what feels like a motor running in my low back, buttocks and legs and it just won't turn off. Its constant, never stopping, sometimes light and other times very intense. So wierd.
    Does anyone else out there know what I'm talking about? I would love some tips or advice on how to treat this as I can't calm down and sleeping is a challenge.
    I can see that these zaps are more common than I thought.
    Sorry that I can't help you, but just wanted you to know that others have this too.
    Fondly,
    Arlene

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

down into my hands...around my breasts...dwon my legs to toes..

i have bulging dics...throught out the spine...degenerative disc disease...plus all the other wonderful curve balls i have been dealt..

jodie
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Interesting you mention around the breast as mine moved into that area a couple of days ago.

Seems ike nothing gets missed!

Anyone any idea why this happens?

Love Anne Cromwell