Survived the Admin. Law Judge

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pookiebyrd, Sep 23, 2003.

1. pookiebyrd

pookiebyrd New Member

Saw the Judge this morning, it was very short and sweet. took about 20 minutes. He had my attorney give an opening statement and ask me some questions, then asked the physician to testify if I had a listed condition and he stated that I did and that was the end of the hearing. My attorney states that I won... Iwill believe that when I get it in writing. which she says will take about 1 to 2 months. Thanks again for all your kind words and support. and to anyone out there that is on this long road to fighting for your disability don't ever let the system beat you as long as you have a breath left in you, fight for what you deserve....

Pookie
  2. painin

painin New Member

JUST SOME BIG CONGRATS GOING YOUR WAY!! I HAD MY PHSYC EXAM IN MAY. AND HAD MY PHYSICAL EXAM JUST LAST THURSDAY. I KEEP HOPING THAT I WON'T HAVE TO GO ANY FURTHER. BUT IF I DO, I WILL DEFINITELY PURSUE IT! I HAVE TO. ONCE AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS!!
  3. suzbee

suzbee New Member

Now DO go and give yourself a special treat for making it through the hearing. :)

suzbee
  4. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

Your announcement made me feel better - I am on 1st appeal, but it's directly with Appeals Hearing Judge. SS said they were doing an experiment by having some of the applicants go thru the Review Process with SS personnel and then, if they lose, appeal again and the 2nd appeal would be with the Appeals Hearing Judge.

Did you have to go the longer way or the shorter way?

How long did it take for you to get to this point?

My papers are in Albequrque, New Mexico being put into proper order for the Appeals Judge to review in my hometown of Louisiana.

I started this process in mid-march this year but have been out of work since early November, 2002. I was in a big FIBRO FOG UNTIL MARCH, when it hit me that I couldn't work anymore - physical problems just too much along with the "Fog".

Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN, POOKIEE!!

Tender Hugs,

Eve
  5. pookiebyrd

pookiebyrd New Member

Eve,

I have gone the long route to this point. my original filing date was September 2001, and I went through the initial denial, reconsideration denial and administrative law judge. I waited about 14 months for a court date once I filed for a hearing. I hope the short route works for you, because it would be alot easier for us not to have to go through all of the aggrivation that goes along with getting what we deserve.......

Pookie
  6. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

You've got that right - it's already been 2 years for you and you still have to get the Judge's ruling, and then I heard that it takes SS 1 to 2 months to get you set up in the system before you get your first check. We're having a hard time financially already so I can't imagine waiting another year or more.

Yeah, I believe they drag this process out in hope that people will just go away. I can't walk away this DD has sucked the life out of me!

Congrats again!

Sunshine
  7. Tunes

Tunes New Member

Hi Pookie,

Glad you got through it in one piece. Relieved for you too.

Tunes