Sustained by the prayers of the righteous!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Cactuslil, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I am going to fast for a purpose Thursday. It is our prayer night on the forum and this is but a friendly reminder.

I don't usually announce to "the world" when I am about to begin a fast but scripturally we are taught that for somethings it necessitates the need for fasting and prayer.

My dear, dear sister in Christ, Rose is facing yet another task. Heavenly Father knows she can endure this as we are promised we will never be asked to do anything for which we are not given the tools to effect it; I am fasting for Rose; I am fasting for the custody suit my X has brought against me and I am fasting for this country, which seems to be headed for even more strife.

I invite any who are able to fast for two meals; even one if health is a problem, which sometimes it is. Sometimes we must mentally fast; I recall a few years back when esophageal reflux was flaring, I went to my authorities and asked what was I to do as we LDS fast the first sunday of each month unless something earth-shaking comes up; I was told to marginally restrict, drink water and consider that I had upheld my responsibility.

Thanks to each of you. Lil'
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Lil, will join you in a fast for the two meals tomorrow.

God bless you, and keep you strong for Rose right now. I know you are a blessing yourself to her.

Whatever it takes Lil, whatever it takes.

God Bless,

Shalom, Shirl