Swallowing and Throat Dryness & Inflammation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, May 5, 2010.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi all,

I am having a hard time surviving - not being able to eat anything but water and yogurt and ice cream. Was at ER on Sunday for swelling in throat and airways - they couldnt care less - no exam and a diagnosis of gastritis - even though this has been going on for mos and mos.

So my question is...what types of throat related problems hit people with CFS/ME/FM.

It all started after a root canal - my upper left molar.

Am afraid I wont make it through this - after a 3 yr fever - have dropped over 15 lbs. Really really hungry.

Looking for your help or ideas or experiences - am lost.

God Bless,

Elisabeth

Swelling worse at night and middle of nite - extreme dry eyes (painfully so) and throat - hardly can swallow - like strep.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/05/2010]
  2. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

MY THROAT IS ALWAYS DRY. I KEEP SUCKING ON MINTS. I DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE TROUBLE SWALLOWING, BUT OFTEN HAVE A SENSATION OF A LUMP IN MY THROAT. I'D SEE MY DENTIST AGAIN IF I WERE YOU AND IF HE DOESN'T GIVE YOU ANY SATISFACTION TRY A NEUROLOGIST. I WISH I COULD TELL YOU HOW TO FIND A COMPETENT DOCTOR, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, I JUST KEEP SEEING DIFFERENT ONES UNTIL I FIND ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING. DO WE NEED BETTER MEDICAL SCHOOLS IN THIS COUNTRY OR WHAT?

GOOD LUCK
    GINNY B
  3. spacee

spacee Member

You need one who graduated from a good school. They are not all the same.

You might also ask to have your ANA tested. Sjogren's causes dryness and inflammation.
    I have been positive for that but it is doing better.

There is alot of info about it a sjogrens foundation.org

When I had a very hard time eating because of nausea (heart racing) and I lost a lot of
    weight ( down to 108lbs). A gastroenterologist couldn't find anything wrong but
    suggested I drink ensure. Which I started doing up to 6 cans a day. It brought me
    up to 112lbs. I would not recommend the chocolate.

Feel for you sweetie,

Spacee
  4. Elisa

Elisa Member

You guys are the greatest - it is so great, in my heart, just to hear your voices and ideas...Thank you so so much.

It really calms me down - which I really needed.

Thank Goodness for each one of you...

BDTMU516 - Its true good ideas! Thanks so much

GinnyB - Thank so much for your ideas - better medical schools - I totally agree!

Spacee, you're such a sweetie - I'm going to jump into my PJs now - he he he!

God Bless,

Elisabeth
  5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Elisabeth!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this.
    Here are some more suggestions, in case they might sound good to you:
    Colloidal Silver spray can help infections. I use it at night when I wake up with a dry throat. It happens to me once in a while, especially when I am doing a lot of detoxing or virus killing.
    Lauricidin is an anti-microbial made out of coconut oil and it kills any kind of critter that might be bothering you.
    Virastop and Candidase taken together have been helpful for me in killing bacterial infections.
    I would suggest eating some yogurt with phytosterols in it (Promise Activ Supershots, I think is the name of it) to bind toxins in your digestive system.
    But mostly, I'm sending my love and prayers your way.
    Forebearance