Sweatin' Like A Pig Smell Like One Too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As y'all know, I've been Herxing from the Doxy and Acyclovir I'm on to keep my chronic infections under control as I fight a respiratory problem which is hanging on. Several days ago, I had the usual diarrhea and now, it's the sweats. I smell like death. Aack!

On the up side, I'm feeling better as my body purges the dead critters. I even tried to do a little painting in my bedroom. It's been the project from hell and I'm anxious to finish it. I figured doing a little work would speed up the sweating and it did. I even think the respiratory problem is clearing up. I've increased my Guai and that seems to help.

Think I'll go paint the trim on the wall where my bed goes so I can put it back. I'm so sick of having it in the middle of the room.

BTW, don't buy paint at Wal-Mart. They don't use computers and some of the people working in the paint dept. are incompetent. If you find a color there you like, take it to Lowe's and they will match it. Wish I had thought of that before I started.

Love, Mikie
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Isn't it great that you have the energy to paint! I hope you get rid of the critters soon, though. You will feel much better.

Cheers
    Kathy
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm glad you are feel well enough to paint.

When you say you smell like death, is it just to yourself or do others say you smell like that, too? Just wondering if it's only YOU that can smell yourself. Doesn't sound pretty. LOL!

Glad things are going the right direction!

Katy
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I did get the wall and trim painted and my bed put back. I am far along enough that I can see how nice the room will look when it's done. I don't mind that it takes me a long time to paint a room if I can just make steady progress.

I live alone, so it's hard to tell if others would run from me retching from the smell, but it's so strong that I would imagine no one would want to come close to me. This isn't normal hard work sweat smell. It's putrid.

I really don't mind so much because I always feel better after the toxic dead pathogens are purged from my body. It's like a new lease on life.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Mikie:

You are having a rough time of it. I never knew what herxing was until I joined the message board.

Try not to do too much. You might feel gung-ho on the project, but give your body a rest.

Thanks for the tip about Lowes. I just had the place painted about a year ago, but I will check into what brand they are exactly using.

You feel better==priority number one above all else.

hugs,
    nyrofan
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am really tired but it's a good tired feeling. My chest is sooooo much better.

I'm not sure most docs remember about Herxing even though they had to have studied it at some point. Of course, until recently, no one really understood long-term chronic stealth infections.

I've Herxed so many times from the AV's, ABX, TF's, and Heparin that I'm an old hand at it. I don't exactly welcome Herxing but it is a sign that the meds are working.

Love, Mikie
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I'm glad that you are feeling better. I would like to ask you a couple of questions.

1. You mentioned smell. My husband and I just spoke of the smell that my body produced the first year or more after I crashed. The strange odor on my hand would wake me at night. There would also be a sweet, sick type of odor and also an strange odor produced from my urine. I sweated 24/7 with drenching sweats. He just told me how he worried about me because at night he would smell the odor and he was sure I was dying from cancer. I have had two past breast cancers. He didn't want to mention it to me. I still have sweats and am heat intolerant but it is not 24/7 and only occasionally get this strange odor. It is usually when I am having the flu like symptoms. Do you think it was caused by herxing and strange things in my body?

2. Does the paint not cause respiratory problems for you? I can not tolerate paint. I have heard that some paint is less toxic. We need to paint inside our home and I always put off painting until it HAS to be done.
  8. sues1

sues1 New Member

Sherwin Williams carries a paint that even I can tolerate. It is a good paint also. It is special kind and they will make it any color you wish.

I could never be in the house if painting was going on and would have to stay a way for awhile......before I found this. Susan
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sweetie, I don't know what might be causing your sweating but it's possible that your own immune system kills off pathogens and then purges them through your sweat. When I first got really sick, I did notice a kind of sickly sweet, yet sour, odor to my sweat now and then. I don't know what caused it. I started the Guai early on and it changes the odor of one's sweat.

Yes, the paint did irritate my bronchial problem but not too much. I've had the crud for so long that I didn't feel I could wait to get the painting done. This is the last project I want to do before resting up and looking for a part time job. The paint now does not seem to be bothering me. This paint has almost no odor. It's Dutch Boy.

Susan, thanks for the tip about the paint. Someone else mentioned adding vanilla extract to the paint for the odor. I think that it's not the odor so much as the chemicals in the paint which are harmful. I have a ceiling fan in the bedroom and I run it to dry the paint as fast as possible. I also have the AC running and it's dry in here.

I'm just in the mode that I want to get this project from hell finished. Now that it's going better and I'm more than halfway done, I'm motivated to finish it.

Love, Mikie
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Today, I got the last window done and the wall around it. I just have to do the trim and I can hang the curtains back up. That's how I work, I completely do one area at a time and it's done. It takes me too long when I paint and I just can't stand having everything in the middle of the room.

The windows are the most time consuming becuase builders today slop some caulk on them and get it all over the place. It has to be cleaned up as the paint doesn't stick to it. I have blinds too, so they have to be taken down, the whole thing cleaned up, taped, painted, and the blinds put back up. I should be able to finish in another couple of days.

In the meantime, I'm still sweating out whatever my body is purging. I still stink but not as much as yesterday. I'm drinking a ton of water to try to get it all out. I'm about read for a bath with hydrogen peroxide and Epsom Salts.

It's like we live our lives in slow motion because that's all we're capable of. I'm not complaining because I feel lucky that I can even paint at all.

I'll remember Sherwin Williams next time although, I have had excellent luck with Lowe's. I love that place.

Love, Mikie