Sweating and hot all the time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondie45, Sep 5, 2006.

1. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Does anyone else have the feeling they are constantly feeling hot and tired all the time? Is this common with fibro?
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi blondie45,

Yes, I have this a lot of the time, but really was bad a couple of months ago. I still am getting very hot and can relate.

Take care,
    BlueSky555
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  3. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I have this problem too! It can be associated with Fibro but, pain meds. also make it worse. Especially, pain killers. The tired - you mention is a main systom of Fibro. Are you on a meds. right now?
  4. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Hey, Blondie45

Hot all the time with even hotter, sweatier periods throughout the day and night. I'm 59 and have CFS and Fibro. Ice cubes, cool cloths, fans and AC are my best friends and the hot summer we've had hasn't made it any easier - I live in the Atlanta area and it's still in the 80's every day and humid so there's no relief in sight for a while. Isn't it awful feeling hot from the inside out and can't get cooled off?

Harrysmom
  5. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

I currently take only tramadol for pain. Thanks all for suggestions.
  6. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

Sweat, sweat, sweat.

That's all I do.

Eileen
  7. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Oh, yes. And I am always getting so easily flushed.

This has been happening to me for a few years, even before I got my diagnosis and started any medication.

At first I thought it was premenopause, but it is not.

I think our internal thermostats are wacky with fibro, some people in my group are cold all the time.

Take Care
    Sue in Ontario
  8. jaxw17

jaxw17 New Member

i am noted for my hottness. i dread going anywhere where there are a lot of people am dreading winter when everyone has heating on and will be expected to wear a coat
  9. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

My thermostat is broken. All summer long I am so sick with the heat. I break out in a sweat even in the wintertime. What is worse is then I freeze because I am always damp. There is no pleasing this body. Hot Cold Hot Cold. My body is nuts!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  10. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

For me just walking up my steps make me start to sweat and even doing things like loading my dishwasher wil have me dripping with sweat.

A walk through the mall I will be dripping with sweat and it will just run down my face and back. The back of my head is always dripping with sweat. I HATE IT. I am always sweating and so hot that it is horriable.

I am on MSCointin and I have been told that it can cause this nasty sweating,, But I started to do it reight after my hyesterectomy in 1990 and then went I went off of horemones this horriabl esweating started and I just drip all the time. I don't really have to do some thing that is exurting becasue I will always break out in a sweat. I hate it so much.

But at least I know what is causing it I think? Some times My doctor has told e that the fibro does add to this sweating problem.

Sorry wish I could help you out.
    HUGS and i have to go and trun on the Air conditioning. As I am so HOT
    rosemarie
  11. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

I KNOW IT IS NOT MY MEDS I STARTED THOSE IN APRIL AND HAVEN'T CHANGED IN A WHILE AND THIS JUST STARTED LAST MONTH
    MY DOC SAYS I AM GOING THROUGH THE CHANGE. I AM 39 AND THIS DON'T FEEL LIKE THE HOT FLASHES THE OTHER WOMEN I WORK WITH DESRIBE

I FEEL FOR YOU
    HUGS
    BARBARA
  12. Daneboa

Daneboa New Member

I'm grateful to know that I am not the only one with this problem and that it is associated with CFS/FM.

I recently had an allergic reaction to medication that started my sweats. I have not been sure if this was a symptom of my illness or menopause.

Thanks for the posts.
  13. luppyfm

luppyfm New Member

WOW- now I don't feel so alone. I am not sure if it is the weather, menapause, something I ate, or the medication. I do know that I can be setting reading a book and the next thing I know sweat is pouring down my face, neck and other areas and I don't know why. I am 54 and had a complete hystorectomy when I was 48. I really hate this also! I live in Florida so anything I have to do is done first thing in the morning!!! Then I hybernate like an old bear for the rest of the day!
  14. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

It is so embarrasing to go out in public. I always have to apologize when anybody comes close for a hug at church.

I thought that it was menopause and I was taking 20 mgs. of compounded estrogen and was still sweating heavily through it all. So I quit the hormones and am still just sweatin' away.

I sweat right through all the waterproof makeup. Probably should send them a letter, huh?

Am so very glad that I am not the only one. I just want them to stop !!!!!!

I have read here on a post that there is a med that you can take to stop the sweating so I guess I will have to do a search to find it.

Also there is a post from karinaxx (I hope the name is right)that mentions the symptoms of ME/CFS and the sweating was mentioned along with a sour smell. Yep, that's me!!!!

Jeanne
  15. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

...all day and night between sweating and burning up and freezing and unable to get warm. It drives my dh crazy how I turn the air on and off, up and down, constantly. I wonder if it is my thyroid function, though my tests always come back normal.
  16. mamagood

mamagood New Member

You better believe it. Lately I feel like my internal body is on fire. It's so bad that I get nauseaus. Thyroid Meds increased starting today. Hope it will calm this feeling down and my flare will settle some.

Nothing helps cool me off. I turned the fridge colder to help me when drinking something cold to seem cold and I froze the eggs and veggies in the fridge.

Can't win these days. I live in the Northeast so I'm looking forward to fall and winter. I'm hot all the time sleep with Fan year round and have central Air.

You aren't alone.

Moe
  17. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

I am glad to see that I am not alone. I was sitting here thinking it is perimenopause (still not convinced it is not also that, as my mother was done by 50 and I am 45). I also seem to always be hot or cold. This started almost immediately when the fibro started a few years ago but just seems to get worse and worse all the time. At this point I can't wait to get old, as they always seem to be cold! LOL.
  18. brella

brella New Member

I get hot really easily and sweat a ton.
    But I also get really cold too and I can't warm up for a while. It's weird...
  19. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

I am always hot and have a husband who doesn't understand it at all. It doesn't help that I am 49 and perimenopausal- but sometimes I just sweat so much that I want to die from the embrassment.