SWEATING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Aug 28, 2006.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

I HAVE A COMBINATION OF SWEAT. THEN I AM COLD. IN THE WINTER I FREEZE. I BELEIVE IT IS A COMBO OF THINGS MEDS,
    FIBRO AND I AM ON A LOW SODIUM DIET BECAUSE OF HEREDITARY HYPERTENSION. WHEN I EAT SALT I WAKE UP SWEATING. LOW SODIUM HELP ME LOSE ABOUT 12 POUNDS. I TOLD HIM AS LONG AS THEY DONT TAKE MY CHOCOLATE AWAY I AM OK!

JUST MY TAKE ON IT
    OF COURSE DURING A BOUT DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR BODY STOPS.
    YOU RETAIN FLUID YOU HURT AND I AM CONSTIPATED. WHEN IT RUNS IT COURSE. I GO BACK TO NORMAL HE TOLD ME TO TAKE A DIURETIC DURING THIS TIME. SOMETIMES I HAVE TO
    ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE FEELS LIKE THER BODY IS ALMOST NOT FUNCTION WHEN YOU GET A HERX I GUESS THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL IT?
    THANKS
    SUSAN
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

3. mevy

mevy New Member

Sweating is horrible here also!!! I can be freezing and then sweating in the blink of the eye---SUGGESTIONS PLEASE this is horrible for me. At times I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.
    MEVY
  4. lolee

lolee New Member

Or should I say WAS:

First thing I did was start sleeping with a ice pack, the gel kind that stay pliable are THE best and they stay cool all through the night. I have several - at time started putting one in my bra!

Epsom salt baths before bedtime help pull out a lot of fluids which help reduce the sweating.

All, 100%, cotton clothing/nightwear, I wear boxers and a mens sleevless undershirt, and I keep ( or used to) an extra change in the bathroom to use in the middle of the night. My clothing would become drenched! Just DRENCHED with sweat!

I find cornstarch to be the best thing to help keep me and sensitive areas rash free and pretty dry (like under "the girls" and panty area).

Keeping a healthier diet (I have to stay away from too much starched foods: pasta, rice, etc.) helped a great deal, but a change in my pain meds (from hydrocodone/vicodin to oxycodone) made the biggest difference. It wasn't so much the narcotic as much as it was the tylenol . . . . I have a perscription for Volteren and only use ibuprofen for my OTC pain meds.

I also, and still do, keep a couple boxes of baby wipes around the house for quick immediate wipe ups: neck, face and arms, for some reason wiping my arms down help a lot.

I hope my "novel" gives you some help,

Lolee
  5. dannybex

dannybex Member

It shows your body is trying to remove -- sweat out -- toxins. That's why many people use far infared saunas, etc. If you're just drenching in buckets of sweat, perhaps you need to get a second opinion.

It's when you DON'T sweat that it can be a problem.

And I hate to say it, (don't hit me!) but chocolate is one of the worst things anyone could eat (especially someone with hypertension)-- with all the sugar and artery-clogging butterfat -- all things that fungal and candida infections thrive onn. I would cut that out -- or reduce it, and I think you'll find your constipation go away...

Hope this helps?

Dan
  6. lolee

lolee New Member

The epsom salt baths also help with the constipation. Almost immediately.

There are 7,312,167 opinions and recipes for the epsom salt baths and some people have a lot of "scary" warnings - but what works for me is the detox recipe: I use 1 or 2 4lb cartons per bath, depending upon how "puffy" I am.

Like Dan stated sweating is good and you will sweat out a lot with these baths (when I first started I used the baths about twice a week). The baths pull out so may toxins, the first time I did this the water was cloudy when I got out - it was gross but it was just proof for me.

It also pulls out the lactic acid (spelling?) from your muscles which is SUCH a factor in our muscle pain.

I just like being able to have some "control" over WHEN I sweat all this junk out, if you can assist your body in sweating out the toxins then it doesn't seem to go in to overdrive the rest of the time.

luv,

Lolee