Sweet taste in mouth?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by robin1667, Apr 23, 2009.

1. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Does anyone know what this might be? I've had a sweet taste in my mouth for a few months now. I put a call into my Dr. and she is suppose to call back,but thought maybe someone here may know. Thanks,Robin
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

have a clue what this could be.

Did your doctor have any answers for you?
    i was wondering if some medication could be causing you to have this ?

Wish you well
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm sorry I don't know what it is, but I'll trade you...I've had a salty taste in my mouth for months now and it's awful.

4. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

I have that salty taste also. No clue to why but sure does make me thirsty too.

Wish you well
  5. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

My Dr's nurse had called back and said the Dr wasn't worried about it. But didn't have an explaination for it. So I didn't go in. I'm thinking since I was told I am close to being prediabetic it could be from that? I don't know. It's still there but not as strong.

I have also had the salty taste in the past as well. Don't know what that is from either. My guess is this DD! It's always something isn't it.

Don't know if it could be from meds as I haven't changed anything there for quite some time now. Another unsolved mystery I guess.

I pray someday we all find out what all of our problems are all about.

6. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

it was about a month and a half ago I was tested. Then a week later she had me do a overall test of the past 3 months. I've had all the symptoms you listed except the weight loss. I would welcome that problem. As i have put on weight,was 145,now a yr later 200. I'm not happy about that ,but who is!
    I think the weight has been put on because of menopause,medication for depression,spinal cord injuries,fibro,thyroid.
    A tooth i had fixed a while ago(root canal) is bothering me. I see my dentist tomorrow.
    Can i be this ketotic and not realize it? I'll look it up.
    Thanks for caring.
  7. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

My reply got lost in cyber space again! What is going on with this?!

Anyway. The first test showed just under prediabetes. I didn't ask the count. The 2nd was for the past 3 months. Showed the same. Told to watch diet and go to nutritionalist.
    Ya, I've had the upset stomach and feeling of weakness. As soon as i eat it passes.Yep,told her all my symptoms. She still doesn't seem worried. So I guess I'll just go in in a few months and have the test again. Don't know what else to do at this point.
  8. blueeyedgrl73

blueeyedgrl73 New Member

hey Robin...did you see the nutritionist? If so...did they tell you to eat six small meals a day? im sure you know to avoid all the "bad" stuff like sweets and starches right? Also, did you know you can buy ketone strips at Wal-Mart or any other drug store? It will tell if you are spilling ketones in your urine. That can help detect if you are in ketosis. If it shows it then I would call the doctor back...maybe then she will take notice...maybe not but still its worth a try. do you think you should get a second opinion from another doc? if not, i would definitely be seen by someone if symptoms get worse....but they are sounding kinda scary now. take care hun :) Blue
  9. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

No i haven't seen the nutritionist. Thought i could handle it myself. But i will call today to make appt. I promise. I'll let ya know when it's for. It's going to be a battle for me to change everything i eat as i am sure it is for everyone. When i get the money i will get the ketones strips you are talking about. I don't think i need a different opinion. I think i need to pull my head out of the sand and take care of myself. Thank you for giving me gentle nudges on this subject. Sometimes we all need that. Talk soon. Hugs,Robin
  10. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

She didn't say that I HAD to,but recommend it.
    My chiro said I just need to eat smaller portions,which i have been.
    Right now I can't afford to go to the nutritionalist. Money is very,very tight. My boyfriend is laid-off. And my SSD and LTD has been used to make house payment and such. I'm sure everyone can relate to that right now.
    I have put on the weight because of spinal cord issues and fibro and menopause,thyroid and the list goes on......
    Right now i have IPA(Illinois Public aide). But I've got a very high spend down each month. I won't be able to make my spend down this month for next month.
    My cholesterol is at 238,so i have to watch that as well. Always something isn't it!