Sweet things my family said ---

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minimonkey, Jan 23, 2006.

1. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I think my husband and his family are starting to understand me and this illness better....

My father in law is an old-school physician, who doesn't know much about FMS -- but has been more and more willing to learn about it (mostly from me!)...

The other night, he said that he really admired me for keeping going despite the pain --- he said that he knows that a lot of people with these levels of pain just "give up" -- and that he really admires the strength it takes to keep going/working/functioning, etc. It meant a lot to me to hear that!

I thanked him for the compliment, but made sure to add that some people are a lot sicker and more disabled than I am, and that I think it is rare for anyone to "give up" if they have a choice, at all! It *does* take a lot of strength to function with this dd -- whatever functioning means....it takes a lot of strength just to keep going, keep waking up every morning....we all deserve credit for that, regardless the level of functioning/disability/etc.

This morning, I had my husband poke around my back -- I overdid it badly the last couple of days, and have developed a couple of new sore spots/muscle lumps..

My husband said "they're not trigger points, sweetie -- they're character lumps!" I thought that was really cute!
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

You've got a great family. It makes a world of difference in how we feel every day if we know someone understands and cares.

Your friend,

Kinsie
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

It is wonderful that you have the support of your family. It makes being sick easier to handle.
    Best Regards!
    Kellyann
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I have a pretty darn good support system. I didn't keep any friends that don't get it, and even Ron's friends not only get it, but are really considerate in remembering about my many allergies.

Ron, my fiance, even tries to convince me I'm normal. Bless the big dumb lug.

Jeanne