SWEETEST FIV+ Kitty Needs Loving Home

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by godivagirl57, Jun 8, 2010.

1. godivagirl57

godivagirl57 New Member

I'm in Safety Harbor and had a pitiful little kitty show up when we were outside gardening. Sooooo skinny! I'd found a home for her, until I took her to the vet & found out she's FIV+. After trying so hard, I couldn't find a home. It was either keep or euthanize her. Decided to keep her. She's the sweetest kitty I've ever met! Crawls up on your chest, snuggles between neck & shoulders, purrs constantly. I took her to the vet again yesterday & she got all of her shots. She's somewhere between 9 months old & 2 years - very tiny - only about 6-7 pounds. Brought her inside today and my male cats are giving her a fit and she's not being nice either. Afraid for my guys. So...... if you have a big heart and lots of love to give and want a kitty who'll be your best friend and love you through thick & thin, I've got the best one you could ever want! Because of FIV+, she needs to be an INSIDE cat. Email me at gailgo57@gmail.com Hope to hear from you soon!
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

That's very sweet of you to try and help kitty.

Where's Safety Harbor? Florida?

I feed several feral cats. Sometimes the wild critters drop by for a snack.
    Possums, skunks, raccoons. Kind of amazing since I live in the heart of Los
    Angeles. We also have coyotes, but they don't visit my lunch line.

There is also a chit chat board if you'd like to visit to discuss non medical topics
    like pets, kids, music, etc. You can find the board rules in the upper right hand
    corner.

Rock

3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Thank you so much for taking care of this cat. I have two cats myself. I wanted to give you a heads up. You innocently posted here not realizing that research facilities post on these boards for surveys and sometimes for participants. That also means research labs could anonymously respond to an online board post for a home for a cat, particularly to do testing on a FIV cat. Remember some research labs get their animals in despicable ways and they will lie.

I would like to offer another option that would provide more safety for the cat and a chance at a good home. How about contacting the non-kill shelters or even the cat-only non-kill societies and offer to foster this cat until they could find a good owner. They would be able to screen and probably find a better owner than one off an online board that goes nationwide and international that you don't see face to face. Again, thank you for taking such good care of this cat. I so appreciate all you are doing and you trying to find the best home possible. Many hugs.