Sweetpotatoe, Rainbow, TwoCats, Cynthia and All

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Dec 30, 2010.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Now that I've started this ambitious title, don't have much to say. In the middle of a virus that I caught from my husband. Have been sleeping mostly.

Wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

Sweetpotatoe - Lachlan's first New Year! Special wishes and prayers for him. His new giggles sound delicious.

Springwater - Hope you had an enjoyable New Year. I have been praying/lighting prayer candles for your niece everyday. You are caring for her so wonderfully.

Rainbow - Are you back to reading the Grandmother's book yet?

Missing Cynthia and TwoCats. Happy New Year to both. And to Bill,Jam, Jasminedeer, Beadlady, and All.

Well, back to bed.

Love and blessings to each one,
    Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 12/31/2010]
  2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Thank you Windblade for doing this..I just so happened to find some time to come back here tonight!
    Whew, had the family over at our house this year, over 30 people counting the grandkids. Found out, we are expecting another grandchild. :)) So, two new little ones on the way.
    It is going to be down around 2 degrees tonight. We were a bit worried about our hot water pipe in the kitchen this morning, no hot water there, but everywhere else..my genius of a husband, got out my hair dryer..no kidding! Ran the kitchen water downstairs below the upstairs one, after running the hair dryer a while on the upstairs, and whala...it worked. Thank goodness..thought we were going to have to go through a wall. It will be in single digit numbers for a couple of more nights, then into the teens at night, in the 30's in the day...so looking forward to the heat wave. :)
    I love you all, I think of you all often. Thank you so much for being there for me during my hard times. I have felt the prayers, I have felt the loving thoughts, and I want you to know that it helps..a lot. I am so hoping that everyone is having an easier than hard time right now. Keep us updated...Happy New Year to all!!!
    Love, Cynthia
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I am SO relieved that the holidays are over! It feels so comforting to get back to regular schedules. Mostly I'm working on my very time-consuming at-home treatments from Dr. Ali. Doing a peroxode soak right now - for oxygen, removes toxins, and helps to heal my torn ligament.

Lots of other stuff - castor oil rubs. Took me ages to figure out how to do it without getting any oil on my bed-clothes. I think it's a very valuable treatment. Plus many supplements, proper foods, etc.

A nice cozy day. And how I love the deep silence of winter!

Jam - I'm interested in your recipe for pork and saurkraut. I've been wanting to do a slow-cooker with those ingredients, perhaps adding apples. What is purifying about it?

Rain - it will be so good to get back to the Grandmothers and our conversations. It's great your husband is home this week. But maybe that means a lot of chores to catch up on.

Cynthia - I'm always so glad when you come back!
    Our washing machine is in our un-heated porch and freezes up in low temps. We have to use an electric heater, and aim for a day when the sun streams through the windows and it's above freezing. It's working today - such a relief. So glad your DH fixed your hot-water pipe.

Happy New Years Day to all
    Love, Wind
  4. springwater

springwater Active Member

Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year.

Well, to tell the truth i see every day really as a chance to start anew. To hope afresh.
    But i want to wish you all health, happiness, peace, love and joy.

Judy, I am praying for your torn ligament to heal fast and for serenity and peace to
    reside in you always. thank you for your prayers for my niece. She is doing much better
    with just a few hiccups here n there. i am hopeful.

God Bless All you Wonderful people

5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I am off to the store tomorrow to get some cabbage..need to get this holiday "extra stuff" off of my body! Great for weight loss? I am all for that. lol...

I love Kraut. My grandmother made it when I was very young, so, I love anything with it in the recipe.

Wind..hope you do well with the knee...I'm wondering if you have tried Frankincense? Great for inflamation. I see that you mentioned oils? I have problems with my eyes being itchy and swollen. I several cysts on my lids and the eyeball itself. I put frankincense around my eyes..not in it, but around it. Have tried it with success. At night is best.

Oh and Jam, we eat plenty of eggs around here..and I wonder why? My hens are all laying now, even though it's cold..I get 4 or 5 eggs a day..plenty for us.

Where's Twocats? Hope all is well?
    Take care all, love, Cynthia

6. windblade

windblade Active Member

I've copied your recipe into my cooking notebook to keep. I like the way you add fresh cabbage along with the saur kraut.

The combination sounds delicious. I can adapt it to my slow-cooker. That's the only way I cook now, except for holidays. Don't have the energy to stand or time things in the oven.

I've been making delicious things in the slow-cooker - have a beef stew going now, using organic onion broth as the base, dijon mustard, garlic, mixed veggies, red wine, and rosemary, thyme and red pepper. It smells heavenly.

I need to use frozen organic vegetables - not enough strength presently to clean and chop everything up.

I showed your recipe to my husband - he thought it sounded great. And said he would help me one day with the cleaning and chopping of veggies.

I eat regular meals or sandwiches a lot too for breakfast - not eating cereal anymore to try and get my sugar #'S down.

It must be wonderful for you to get so many fresh vegetables in California!

Thanks for writing it all out for me.

Love, Wind
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

I've copied your recipe into my cooking notebook to keep. I like the way you add fresh cabbage along with the saur kraut.

The combination sounds delicious. I can adapt it to my slow-cooker. That's the only way I cook now, except for holidays. Don't have the energy to stand or time things in the oven.

I've been making delicious things in the slow-cooker - have a beef stew going now, using organic onion broth as the base, dijon mustard, garlic, mixed veggies, red wine, and rosemary, thyme and red pepper. It smells heavenly.

I need to use frozen organic vegetables - not enough strength presently to clean and chop everything up.

I showed your recipe to my husband - he thought it sounded great. And said he would help me one day with the cleaning and chopping of veggies.

I eat regular meals or sandwiches a lot too for breakfast - not eating cereal anymore to try and get my sugar #'S down.

It must be wonderful for you to get so many fresh vegetables in California!

Thanks for writing it all out for me.

Love, Wind