Swelling and stuff

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I saw the rheumy on Thursday and he told me that I had to keep my feet aleviated in order to get the swelling don in my legs, feet, and andkles. I've sleept almost all day yesterday and today. I feel like I can't get enough sleep.

I was told on Thursday that my "temp to perm" job will only temporary. Supposedly the accountants can't afford to keep me permanently Give me a break!!!

So, I'm back on the looking block again. I am so tired of getting screwed over. All I want is a days pay for a days work. Until now, I never thought that this would happend. I'm learning the hard way. I'm so scared that I'll be without a job again.

My rheumy was all ready to sign me out for temporary disability... I don't want that though. I want to work as long as I cant. The whole thing sucks. I just don't know what to do.

If I was a different, I would just take temporary disabilityu, but I want to "earn my keep". I'm beginning to thing I'm just cutting off my nose to spite my face.

I want it to end, and I don't care how it ends at this point.

Tigger
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I admire your determination to work, but be careful.

I pushed myself for about 5 yrs. and even after the doctor told me to file for disability, I still went be on a very part time basis ( 3hrs., 3 day's a wk.). I did that for 1 yr.

I relapsed so bad, it has been over a yr. and I still haven't gotten back to the point when I was only working 9hrs. a wk!

I can't cook, clean or drive.

You know yourself the best, if you feel like you are pushing it, you might want to listen.

Take care,
    Claudia
  3. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I lounged around Saturday doing... nothing. I missed almost all of Sunday. I slept and would get up to go to the bathroom (I was running both ends). Somewhere in the middle of the night I got up to rush to the bathroom and tripped over a cat and landed flat on my face.

My chin is so bruised and split open. My eyebrow is all bruised too.

Tigger