Swelling or retaining water???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by star273, Jan 15, 2009.

1. star273

star273 New Member

Whenever I take my socks off in the evening, I have a big rim around my ankle where my sock was, also my toes look like fat little sausages.... Its not only at night but it happens alot in the day. My hands swell to. Sometimes they just feel to fat to move or bend. I dont think I have joint pain, but I am not sure. You know when you hurt all over you dont know what is what after awhile. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has this or is it something else??? Is it part of FM???
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I don't know if it's necessarily FM - I do have the same thing, but my Mom is the same way and she doesn't have Fibro.
    I have always retained water. I have to really watch my salt intake. I also swell if I stand too long or in the summer, in the heat.
    Even if I don't eat salty foods, but sometimes just a baked good, I'll swell just as badly. I actually have a prescription for a diuretic for when I swell really badly. I can't bend my toes or my fingers, and yes I get the mark around my ankle where my sock was too!

Drink lots of water during the day - if you can, try to elevate your feet during the day as well. Also - watch what you eat.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Don't know if it is part of FM, but I swell too

My dr does not seem too concerned about it

And I rarely use salt