Swimming pool chemicals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynnkat, Jan 31, 2003.

1. lynnkat

lynnkat New Member

Do swimming pool chemicals make anyone else feel sick? I have gone several times to a warm swimming pool to do stretching exercises and although it feels good to get in the warm water I always feel out of sorts for hours after doing this. I just wondered if anyone else has this type of reaction??
    [This Message was Edited on 01/31/2003]
  2. lynnkat

lynnkat New Member

Thanks for the quick reply Vickyb. My husband looks at me like I'm a little touched in the head when I tell him about this problem so now I can tell him that it is the chemicals that may be causing the problem. I wish we had a hottub at home so I wouldn't have had the extra stress of showing all my "curves" at the pool for everyone to see!! Gotta laugh to stay sane--take care,lynnkat
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

but the only thing the chlorine bothers is my eyes,,, they get very very red and itch! Other than that,.,, its doesn't really bother me..... Good luck!
  4. coyote

coyote New Member

With all the news about how many toxic chemicals that are being found in people
    I used to go to a Y pool that was very expensive to belong to. They claimed that they didn't use chlorine, used something else that was supposed to be better. But, I would have a bumpy rash all over my skin when I got out of the pool.
    It can't be good for us to be absorbping (Sp.?0 all those chemicals.[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2003]