Switch from Cymbalta to other A/D?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I am taking Cymbalta, but it is not doing much and makes me anxious

I was taking a very low dose

Anyone switch from Cymbalta to another antidepressant?

Did you have to wean off the Cymbalta?
  2. CASA02

CASA02 New Member

This is my first time on a message board - fibro since 96 - i was on effexor xr for at least 2 yrs, when my rheumatologist suggested cymbalta because of some reports of helping with pain in fms - i switched for about 3 mths, but was much less effective for me - i graduated off every other day for week and then began the new drug both times - i just pray now that the effexor will prove effective again - with me, any changes can "upset the applecart" and then it is hard to get the results back - good luck
  3. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

I'm on Lexapro right now. I think I have been on them all and they just stop working after a time. Also, everyone is different. When you find the one that works, stick with it!
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

Hope you will find this board as helpful as me! I've never been on Cymbalta, but have been on Effexor before. It helped with my depression. I hadn't been on any AD for over a year, and I just tried amitriptyline for about 3 months at 10 mgs, but it didn't do anything. I refuse to increase the dosage due to weight gain so I went off.
    Razorqueen
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member