Switching from Cymbalta to Prozac????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Toga, May 9, 2006.

1. Toga

Toga Member

Hi Everyone,

On another post, someone mentioned that they thought Cymbalta is a "crappy" drug and they are switching from it to Prozac.

I have a question for anyone who may know. Can you make that kind of switch without withdrawals or maybe some that aren't too bad?

Cymbalta seemed to help me for a while but I don't think its doing the job anymore. The doctor that first dx'd me started me on Prozac. I didn't gain weight (big pounds on Cymbalta and before that Milnacipran during a drug study)

I think if I could lose some of this weight, I'd move around more and maybe lose some of the pain.

The pain in my upper back and shoulders is so bad I find myselft tensing up all the time. When I realize it I try to relax but that doesn't last long.

Thanks for any input.

Toga
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I've been on 20 mg. of Prozac for 10 years and I haven't really lost any weight. In fact I have gained about 70 pounds since I was dx'd with FMS in 1995.

I have terrible fatigue and that keeps me from doing so much.

I do find the Prozac helped with the pain some, but that isn't the only thing I use. See my profile for more info.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. FM2004

FM2004 New Member

I take both. Prozac AM. Cymbalta AM and PM. My legs feel better and I have a little more energy.
  4. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

doc just gave me samples today of cymbalta and said latest studies have found it to work for chronic pain.

not sure how a drug that is for your head works for pain to me it makes no sense and wonder why they want us to use something that is a side effect rather then developing something that will work for what it is supposed to work for.

I am very hesitant to take this at all and at 11:53pm on the day he gave it to me,,, today I am still hesitating to take it. sighhhhh

It is also blue and I told the damn doc that I Am allergic to blue meds... freaking fruit loop he is. Could be why I am firing him as soon as the doc in town takes new patients in june.

I would like to learn more on the cymbalta though, to me iit just sounds like a litter mate of Balto the dog from disney.

HAGN Brenda