swollen ankle

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pattilu, Feb 26, 2006.

1. pattilu

pattilu New Member

I have fibromyalgia and my ankle is so swollen I can barely walk. Has anyone had this problem and know what would help.
  2. lin-z

lin-z New Member

i was diagnosed with fm 8 months ago and suddenly got very swollen lower legs specifically my left ankle. I was very concerned , when i went to the new rheumy and got my new blood work he is treating me for ra. I do not have an elevated ra factor but an elevated inflammation (esr and c-reactive protein)

right now he is giving me prednisone to see how i would react and after only day 3 i feel soooo much better.

dont know if it is applicable in your case but...
    good luck Linds
  3. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Mine swell something awful. My rheumy put me on 80mg of Lasix every morning. That is a high dose, and still I'm swollen.

This happened to me last fall and they put me on prednisone and within 24 hours I started to feel better. I don't know why they won't let me go back on the prednisone. I know it can be dangerous, but so can walking around with a leg that is so swollen that sometimes getting certain pants or shoes on is impossible.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  4. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

yes, my left ankle was very swollen starting last spring. for months i never did see the inside of my ankle bone. an rn friend of mine told me not to postpone, to have it looked at which i did.

basically i had to keep it elevated like you've mentioned. was not put on prednisone but was told to get one of those ankle wraps for a sprain. that didn't help all that much.

it hasn't been problematic for months but when i wear socks the left ankle is STILL the one that gets that deeply indented sock mark all around! i bet it swells again in spring when i TRY to get into walks each day.....

it's just strange, isn't it?

[ advertisement ]