Swollen ankles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nannoc, May 16, 2011.

1. nannoc

nannoc New Member

All of a sudden at the end of a day, I found my ankles to be swollen and purple/red in color. Could walk, no sprains, no accidents, Two weeks later, swelling is less still miscolored What would cause that? (I do have very tight muscle problems)
  2. kezzluvscats

kezzluvscats New Member

I have some swelling under my knees and my fingers..keep forgetting to tell Dr. must do so.
  3. sirfoo

sirfoo New Member

I don't have the color issues, but will sometimes notice swollen ankles too. Mentioned it to my PCP, she didn't react much or get concerned. If its bad, I will wrap one of those bandages that are specifically designed for such a thing, bought at Walgreens, and prop the ankle up, and it seems to help.

Good luck,
  4. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

I recently went to DC to a CFSAC meeting and sat on airplane to get there, sat in meetings for almost 15 hrs on Tues., sat around Wed., and walked a lot Thursday. Then plane ride home.

My ankles were all swollen for first time in my life; of course, thought it might be related to heart or kidneys...but, after getting home and into my lounge chair and/or bed, with my feet even with my heart, the swelling disappeared. So I chalked it up to fluid retention and/or blood pooling in the lower legs and ankles from having them down for so long a period of time.

If this doesn't apply to you, you really need to see a dr. about it if it is lingering and elevating your feet doesn't solve the problem.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Especially if they persist, should be checked out by the doc. It can be a symptom of a serious problem. Hopefully, it isn't but it's better to be safe.

Love, Mikie