Swollen Brain...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Mar 15, 2007.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Whether or not thats whats happening who knows..thats just how it feels. It puts pressure on the inside of my skull. Its an irritating feeling and i wish i could drill a hole in my skull and let out some of the pressure. This crap didnt start till i started getting sick in 2005.
    Calgon ... take me awaaaaaay!

2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

My poor brain feels like it is trying to fire ... then is aborted (I call them brain f-iartz). The constant ringing is making me nuts. I know what you mean about drilling a hole. Take care Hun :)
  3. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I saw your post, and was drawn to it because that is exactly how I feel - like my brain is swollen, and if I could let some pressure off, then everything would clear up and I might feel better. Not a headache, but feeling swollen... Marie
  4. desertlass

desertlass New Member

That is exactly how my head feels as well. I don't get migraines or other types of headaches, but this one, comes all the time. The only other time I felt it was when I was pregnant, years ago.

The crown of my head feels like it wants to let off some pressure-- I know what you mean about wanting to drill-- creepy! Maybe that's why some desperate people have actually tried that, thinking it was a real treatment. They used to call it trepanning. I can't even imagine... too weird.

Things I've read said that there is "a sensation of brain swelling, but no actual swelling. it's so hard to believe it's not more than just a sensation when you're in it. It feels connected to a strange heart beat, too, for me.

I just got my results from an brain MRI today-- of course they found nothing that stands out as abnormal. So, I feel relieved and sad-- you all know that goes.

i wonder what would help our type of headache?
  5. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

thank you everyone! If you can relate...well...im sorry to hear that. Its an awful feeling..makes my head feel very heavy too.
    How can it only be a sensation and not real ...sometimes i hear these faint little crackly sounds...to be thats pressure.
    i may get a spinal tap i wonder if that will somehow relieve my pressure. Has anything over the counter helped anyone?
  6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Here are some things you may want to try. Selenium, methycobalamin, alpha lipoic acid and, of course, magnesium. I'm not a doctor or health expert ( just in case someone decides to argue). But, these are some of the supplements I take, in addition to avoiding chemicals in my food and drink ( no msg, no artificial sweeteners, no dye, etc.) And get some sunshine and light exercise (if you are able). I've gone from feeling like I was dieing to feeling pretty good.