Swollen calves?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Can anyone explain why my calves were so swollen last night?I had been busy but no more than I usually am.I have heard something about fluid gathering in your legs and it having something to do with your heart.Boy, I hope that's not true.

On,BTW...no cancer was found on the MRI.THANK GOD!!!!
    I have to go back in 6 months for another mammogram but I am sure it will be fine.I have been on cloud 9 since.

Thanks for the input,
    Sheila
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

My ankles and calves swell horribly. I take a diuretic and it still doesn't help.

I had a problem with it for awhile when I wasn't working, but now that I'm working (at a desk job) it's much worse. I couldn't even get my shoes back on the other day. It's embarrassing when someone sees them because they always make a comment.
  3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

My calves were only swollen that one time.But I worry about why my body is retaining fluid.
    Most of my back pain is right where my kidneys are and I always have blood in my urine when the dr. checks it.I'm not saying it is my kidneys but I wonder.When you have this fm pain you try to find a reason for it all.I think the swelling was from being on my feet all day.
    Not to mention my belly being swollen from time to time.I have lost alot of weight,75 pounds since last Dec. And most of my weight loss is due to pain and just not feeling well to eat.I don't have much of an appetite anymore.I just don't want to eat when I hurt so bad especially when the pain is all over.
    I go for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks.Maybe they will see something to explain the swollen tummy atleast.