Swollen feet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Oct 19, 2005.

1. what can you do? I can barely get my shoes on and they hurt. There is always something I swear.
  2. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

First off, keep them raised. Have you consulted your physician about this as there could be other causes not related to Fibro or CFS.
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

keep your feet raised and talk to your doctor. Swollen feet can be a sign of other things.

My feet swell but not to the extent that I cant get my shoes on.

love
    Rosie
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Mine are in the same shape as yours--so swollen that I can't get my shoes on.

I have congestive heart failure which causes my to swell, as well as high blood pressure.

I agree that you should contact your doctor.

I keep my feet elevated as well as take a diaretic (Lasix).

If you want a pair of shoes that will fit swollen feet, look at www.footsmart.com and search for Style #70947, "Pedors Lightweight Clog", $69.95.

They have a stretchy upper that will fit swollen feet. I have a diabetic pair of shoes made out of this stuff that are "regular" shoes with a tie--except the tie part is really velcro that just folds over, and they are not clogs--they are regular shoes with a heel. They are made by Acor and cost about $140--but since they were diabetic shoes, Medicare and my secondary insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield) paid for most of them.

I plan on ordering the above clogs today--I think I'll like the clogs better than the diabetic shoes that I just got, because I prefer just to slip my foot in shoes and go.

Note: They also make these stretchy shoes in a "Mary Jane" style. When you are searching for the clogs, look for Item #71036 for the Mary Janes. They are $79.95.

Hugs,
    Janet