Swollen feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kayice, May 8, 2009.

1. kayice

kayice New Member

Hi, does anyone seem to have a problem with their feet swelling? My ankles and feet creak and the tendons seem like old rubber bands. Trying, (key word) to do spring cleaning I was balancing more on my feet and ankles to wash the walls, stretching them out. Does anyone else have this problem or could it be some other health issue?
    This has happened to me before and finally went away. But, my daughter graduates next week so I hope it disappears before then.
  2. cynicaldog

cynicaldog New Member

My partner had terrible foot/ankle swelling while taking Lyrica. It took at least a month after stopping the drug before the swelling went away... it was pretty horrific to look at. Any chance it's a side-effect of a medication?
  3. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

My ankles are so swollen right now. I have them elevated but it doesn't really help.

I have tried wearing compression stockings and they still swell.

I take Methotrexate for my RA and Percoset for the pain. I don't really feel like it is a side effect of the meds.

It seems to happen every few months no matter what I do. I take an extra fluid pill when they get their worst and drink more water but it doesn't take it away either.

I took a picture of them the last time they swelled so badly and showed them to my rheumatologist and he said it is just part of these lovely diseases we all have.

Hope you are feeling better and able to go to your daughter's graduation.

Stinker
  4. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

Yes I have this problem almost daily. My ankles and feet ache burn and hurt. The swelling hardly ever goes away.
    hope for a better day
    Faith
  5. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

Yes I have this problem almost daily. My ankles and feet ache burn and hurt. The swelling hardly ever goes away.
    hope for a better day
    Faith