swollen glands down back of head and neck...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gypsy101, Oct 16, 2006.

1. gypsy101

gypsy101 New Member

This is the third time this has happened to me in two months. It hurts. A chain of swollen lymph nodes running from the back of my head, down through my neck and just into my shoulders. Is this a fibro thing?

For those interested... The home situation is pretty bad. I don't feel like talking about it. My husband is nuts.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2006]

I just read on line that if it comes on quickly and hurts, it's probably bacterial or some kind of infection. I guess, it won't kill me. Just hurts. I haven't been healthy since my kids got fifths disease almost two years ago. Could this be still it? I keep reading about viral illness causing fibro. Could this be the cause?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2006]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

have you talked with your doctor about it?

Perhaps others have had this happen...

SO -

here's a bump up to the first page for the night owls and early morning larks...

all the best,
    Victoria
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I have this too and it is very painful. A lot of the time it makes me finally really dizzy. I don`t know what causes it either but I am really tired of it. Hope someone else will know what causes this.

Take care,
    Sandy
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

bumping,
  5. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

I have had the same issue for almost 12 years now. I get them in the back of my neck at the base of my skull, thought at first it was just a neck ache. I get them in front as you normally would during a virus or other infection. My glands get also very swollen under my arms. I think it more leans towards symptoms of CFIDS than fibro. But who knows if they are not one in the same with overlapping symptoms. It does not have to be an active infection. Could be a lympatic system blockage. The lymphatic system is similiar to our circulatory system but there is no pump. Some people who are less active do not move around enough to drain the lymphatic system properly. When I feel good enough to work out they seem better unless I overdue working out. What helps for me is taking an herb called red clover. There are a couple of other herbs for cleansing the lymphatic system. As for the cause???? - Bobby