Swollen Gums and Other Dental Problems--and FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Dec 14, 2002.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

Well, here I go again, folks! Another new symptom. During the night, the gums around the right molar that has been giving me particular problems swelled. I now have a lump that feels like a pea between the gum under my second-from-the-back right molar and my cheek. It hurts (of course!) and is very tender. The tooth, however, while still tender, seems to hurt less! I talked to my dentist, who prescribed amoxicillin, and I have an appointment with him on Monday morning.

The swelling probably has nothing to do with FM, but I was just wondering whether others with FM have experienced dental problems, either directly associated with FM or indirectly, i.e., as a result of some FM treatment or medication.

This is all driving me nuts! Every time I think I have a handle on what's going on, something else starts up. You'd think I'd be used to that sort of thing after all my years living with MS, but it feels brand new somehow.

--Laura R.M.

2. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

Well, here I go again, folks! Another new symptom. During the night, the gums around the right molar that has been giving me particular problems swelled. I now have a lump that feels like a pea between the gum under my second-from-the-back right molar and my cheek. It hurts (of course!) and is very tender. The tooth, however, while still tender, seems to hurt less! I talked to my dentist, who prescribed amoxicillin, and I have an appointment with him on Monday morning.

The swelling probably has nothing to do with FM, but I was just wondering whether others with FM have experienced dental problems, either directly associated with FM or indirectly, i.e., as a result of some FM treatment or medication.

This is all driving me nuts! Every time I think I have a handle on what's going on, something else starts up. You'd think I'd be used to that sort of thing after all my years living with MS, but it feels brand new somehow.

--Laura R.M.

3. lucky

lucky New Member

For the last little while, I have experienced new symptoms, one of them are swollen gums. I had everything checked not only once but twice by my dentist, x-rayed, had my doctor look at it, and there is no infection. So, it must be related to FMS. During the past days, I also have little swellings and bumps in my mouth.
    What amazes me after 15 yrs. of having CFS/FMS, how many new or different symptoms show up - when you think you are getting better, there are always new surprises.
    Hope, it helps and let me know if you find something to get rid of the swelling, except if the teeth/gums are infected, antibiotics are probably the only solution. Take care,
    Lucky