Swollen hands, but not ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jackie65, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Jackie65

Jackie65 New Member

Hello everyone...Does anyone else here have the sensation of swelling in their hands and fingers, but no swelling is there?? This happens to me alot, usually every morning. It is a very strange feeling, the skin on my fingers and hands actually feel "tight" just like they were swollen.
    Jackie
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

I have FMS and every morning my hands feel swollen just as you described...stiff and painful to move. then again at night. but you are correct, there is no visible swelling.

Its good to know we are not alone with all these strange things happening to our bodies...

jmq
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

One of the very first FM symptoms I described to my doctor!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Yep.. now they are actually swollen, but not visibly for a long time.
    strange but true
    Hugs
    Kim
  6. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I also get this sensation. I get it more in my feet though. I think it's some kind of neuropathy.

Sofi
  7. mgmarble

mgmarble New Member

When I first started to get pain I felt swollen too, but I wasn't. Now it has been a few years and I am swollen all the time in my fingers and feet. I am being tested again for lupus.
  8. revlcb

revlcb New Member

Hands feel very stiff. I thought this was arthritis that has gone into my hands...maybe not? I really can't tell if its the joints or muscles.

I do know that lately when I've had to work on the computer alot, such as data entering, my hands are cramping more and sooner than they have in the past.
  9. MoreBoo

MoreBoo New Member

The feeling of swelling in both my feet and hands was the first thing that sent me to the doctor 13 years ago. There is an actual name for it, but I can't remember it unless I look it up.

It is my understanding that this is very common symptom of fibro. It took years for me to understand this. This symptom was extremely annoying and then the numbness started. I have it on and off throughout the day now. It is so common that I don't even notice it anymore - it is just present. Pain is my main problem now.