Swollen Legs Ankles /Peripheral Edema

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolynAnne, Apr 2, 2006.

1. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

Just curious if anyone on the boards have had challenges with swollen legs and ankles.

This week my legs became so swollen (from my grion to my toes) and my toes looked so red - they were hot too. I had no pain; just discomfort. When I put my legs up the swelling subsided.

Being concerned I called my PCP. She is wonderful. She told me to meet her at the hospital (she had rounds). She met me at the ER and ran test. All blood work and the sonogram of my legs were clear.

She gave me lasix and I will see her in 2 weeks, but I am curious if this is a "NEW" symptom of our DD? Has anyone else experience this?
  2. pinkrainbow

pinkrainbow New Member

last summer i had a similar incident, bilateral pitting edema in both feet, eventually going up to knees...they felt one was hotter to touch than the other, and wondered if it may have been a clot...don't think so..i too took lasix for a few days and it was gone!..idiosyncratic??""
  3. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I first experienced this two years ago. My legs were swollen to my thighs and I had difficulty removing my pants as they had become so very tight. I wound up in the ER and was told my iron was very low.

Went to GP and was told that I was anemic and had to take iron every day from now on. Was told that the swelling is entirely due to the anemia.

Have been swollen for three days now. It will go away as usual I am sure.

Hope this helps,

Linda
  4. cathugs

cathugs New Member

i have the swelling up to my knees. especially the left one. I am used to feet swelling,but this a lot worse.
    my toes are even swollen and burn and sting .i have neuropathy so that makes it worse. i need to get some lasix also. it does help the swelling.

(((((( CATHUGS))))))) Ruth
  5. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

Thank you all for your responses.

I just got back from Quest Diagnostics. I feel like a human pin cushion. My doctor ordered ALOT of tests. I will keep you updated on what the results are.

6. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

I am so frustrated...After an hour and 1/2 wait in the doctors office - My GP said shaking her head "Once again - nothing came up in your blood work (except crazy IgM and Igg counts that are to common for me)- your legs do look more swollen than the last time I saw you - we'll up your lasex to 40mg and run some more test. I will call you with this results"

Driving home from the appointment, I had tears running down my eyes. I am sure many of you have felt this frustration...more test...how much more can I take. To top it off, that day I had a family Easter gathering. I lost it when I heard a family member say..."Remember, someone always has something worse than you"... I shouted back "Well someone always has something BETTER me too."

I have scheduled for next week a CT Scan with/wo contrast of the pelvis and abdomen as well as 2 types of dopler test being done to each leg. I just know that I have to drink something at 2 - then have testing from 4 -7:30.

I am pretty frustrated right now. I have gained 10 lbs in the last week. My stomach is bloated. My shoes dont fit. I am so uncomfortable. I have been reading that many of you have edema which has made me feel better to know that I am not the only one. Any suggestions would greatly be appreicated.

Thanks for listening...I must tell you, this board means so much to me. While I dont post often, your guidance and knowledge have made me feel I am not alone.