swollen legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mesquitebean, Sep 22, 2008.

1. mesquitebean

mesquitebean New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro over a year ago. Just recently, I have noticed a lot of swelling with both legs with the right being worse than the left. I have a lot of leg pain, especially around my knees. I had noticed that it was difficult to bend my right leg and that is when I became aware of the swelling. On bad days when there is more pain and stiffness in my legs, I also have low back pain. It's difficult to get up on my own from sitting. I'm no longer able to sit down in the bathtub and have to be careful what type of chair I sit down in if I'm alone. I cannot stand any pressure on my knees. I have been told by my doctor that I have some arthritis in both knees. I'm just wondering if the swelling is common for fibro. Also do others have low back pain in addition to the leg pain. I've been taking Neurontin, Flexeril and Darvocet, but have been switched to Lyrica which I will begin this coming weekend.
  2. hensue

hensue New Member

When i have a flare i can swell so bad. i cant fit into my pants. Then i actually feel the water constrited the blood flow. like it is pulsating. They are so tight people on here say grape something extract helps i tried but interfered with meds and i hurt.
    Jammin on here knows about it.
    you could try i wish i knew what cause it.
    Thanks
    hensue
  3. mesquitebean

mesquitebean New Member

I saw my doctor today and was told that it is not edema. She felt an antiinflammatory medication would help and prescribed 800 mg Motrin three times a day. I have the swelling from my ankles all the way up my thigh, with it being worse on the right. I actually measured my legs around each part from the ankle to the thigh and the right was 1- 1 1/2 inches larger than the left.
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

i dont know why i swell mine is in both legs very bad!
    of course urine comes back fine. Which is good.
    Also back aches right where your kidneys are.
    does anyone else have this problem?
    hensue