Swollen limph nodes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nktigger99, Jul 28, 2003.

1. nktigger99

nktigger99 New Member

I have a question I was hopeing someone could help with. My limph nodes are swollen right now. Last Friday I thought I was going into a flare...tired,fever,PAIN. But I got a lot of rest and did moderate exercise over the weekend so I think I will be okay. But my limph nodes are swollen...the ones on the back of my neck and the ones on the front.

what could be going on?

My meds are:

Ultrum
    Bentyl
    Celexa
    Elvial
    Loperamide (When needed)
    fiber theraphy
    OLE

Nichole
  2. Hippen

Hippen New Member

So sorry that you are sick. As you know, swollen lymph nodes can be from an infection or virus. From working at the hospital, I do know that the lymph nodes in the back of the neck hints towards a virus in the body. Have you called the doctor? Have you been tested for EBV or Mono? I would suggest that you make an appoinment with your doc to see if this is more than a flare. Do you have a headache or stiff neck? Is your throat sore? This could be a bad flare or many other things even more serious. Please let us know what the doc says after you see him or her...PLEASE !!!!!! Love, Hippen
  3. nktigger99

nktigger99 New Member

Bumping for more ideas
  4. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am not real smart on the medical side of things..but I can sure tell ya my experiences and what I do to get it under control..okay?

I get this alot..I do not know if its fms/cfs or just being plain toxic or what..but I do the following and it has almost always relieved this situation for me.

I get my faithful Vicks out..and really rub it in. I get my garlic caps out and take at least a couple during the day (or evening) I try to eat onions and I try to massage my nodes downward.

This really has helped me..hope it helps you. Oh, I use Garlisan..it has garlic, alfalfa and cheyenne in it.
    Good luck! ..Sherry
  5. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

Hi there!

I am just getting over an upper respitory infection. My symptoms were swollen glands, fever, bad aches and for a day or 2 I had a litte nausea. I called my doctor and when the nurse called back I asked about the symptoms and she said thaat an upper respitory infection could make you have all those symptoms, so they called in a Z Pack, antibiotics
    and I am feelingg a lot better, give your doctor a call.

Hope this helped?

Kayfrey
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

The nodes around my jaw line and the side of my neck, swell quite a bit. Usually happens when I am under a lot of stress, overtired, and even if I have just a 'hint' of a cold. Sometimes they are swollen in the morning and back down by late morning. Sometimes it can be weeks.

Take care of yourself and know, you aren't alone!

Hugs,

Kim