Swollen Lymph glands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cookie3, May 10, 2006.

1. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

Does anyone else get swollen lymph glands, sore throats and just bad overall feeling. I don't know if it is just when I am on my menstrual cycle, and also ringing in the ears. Thanks.
  2. ellikers

ellikers New Member

There are lots of topics on swollen glands. Do a search by typing "swollen glands" in the search box in the top left hand corner of the screen. That should help direct you to the many discussion about swollen glands. :)

-- Ellikers
  3. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I have CFIDS, and I often get sore throats, swollen glands, and that all-over flu-like feeling. I get the low-grade fevers and muscle/joint achiness as well. I find my menstrual cycle definitely tends to worsen it, but it can hit me literally any time of the month.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

when I have a severe flare or when I'm really really stressed out and exhausted my glands will swell in my neck and armpit area.

Kriket
  5. sally2142

sally2142 New Member

WHEN I'M HAVING A BAD FLARE (NORMALLY THE ENTIRE WINTER!) MY GLANDS WILL SWELL IN MY NECK, PITS, GROIN AND UPPER THIGHS. I ALSO HAVE THE RINGING IN THE EARS. THOUGHT IT WAS MY TV FOR THE LONGEST TIME. I AM POST MENOPAUSAL AND STILL HAVE THE FLARES.
  6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

My son was born 9-17-84. When he was four and a half yrs old I started noticing his glands around his ears and in his neck were extremely swollen. I took him to doctor and found that all his glands were swollen. They did a biopsy and said no disease was found. They said they didn't know what caused it. The only thing I could come up with was we lived two and a half blocks down from a company illegal dumping chemicals the first two years of his life. We had well water. Also the gland in the right side of my neck was very swollen because of aspartame poisoning two yrs ago.
  7. cczub

cczub New Member

I'm 27 and first started having problems with swollen glands when I was about 9-10 years old. At the time, I was diagnosed with Mono and Colitis... I also had something severe happen to my nervous system that was never fully explained. I've been living with an enlarged spleen since that time and enlarged lymph nodes too. I've had 3 lymph node biopsies and 1 bone marrow biopsy... All were negative except for the last lymph node that was "inconclusive", whatever that means.......

After that bout when I was 9-10, I've never been the same... All infections turn into a major battle for me to kick and over the past 3 years(just diagnosed within the past year) I've been dealing with what I know know is fibro....