SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES AGAIN!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenaw70, Mar 1, 2006.

1. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

Does anyone else have this happen a lot? My lymph nodes are major imflamed and hurt really really bad. It happens a LOT and doctors always take a one second look and say "oh it must be an infection" and give me antibiotics.

My new nathropath doctor is sending me for blood work today and is also checking for mono. I KNOW I dont have mono as I had that when I was younger and I KNOW what that feels like, but she says she still wants to run test anyways. Does anyone know what she is thinking, has any doctor checked that in you before?

Lena
  2. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Hi,
    I am having the same problem!! I just went to the doc today and he put me on prenesone? My swell on and off. Have been doing it for three years now. The ones under my arms really hurt. My labe came back normal. I was at least hoping my white cell count would be up so I would have an explaination as to WHY it keeps happening. He said with this dd that I should expect it. He gave me those meds and told me to take them the first two days only and stay in bed...
    Let me know how your bolld work turns out.
    Oh yeah? Have you ever had your lymph nodes biopsied (sp)? I have had some here tell me to get that done but my doc doenst think its nessesary.

Hang in there
    Melinda
  3. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

I should know what the bloodwork says in about a half an hour.

No, I have never had a biopsy, mainly because my past doctors never cared anough to check it out. They would always just throw me on antibiotics asuming I had an infection somewhere.

Lena
  4. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Sorry you are huring so badly. A couple of recommendations would be to take a detox bath. Look up my post as to how to do them. This should take the swelling down. I've also heard that it can mean infection, but what if the lymph nodes are just backed up and need a push??

You could also try a lymphatic massage. Make sure you get someone experienced. And Please take ACIDOLPHILUS (probiotics) if you go on antibiotics. Antibiotics kill the good bacteria in your gut and your gut is sooooo important. It's 70% of your immune system!! Have you done anything to heal your gut?? Most everyone on this board needs to.

Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon!!

skierchik
  5. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I think many people with these DDs have this problems. It is actually one of the criterias for the CDC. But of course they don't know exactly why it happens, and more so what to do to make it stop! But your not alone!!
    Joy
  6. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

My blood work (CBC) came back fine. It is really starting to get to me. My left leg in killing today and I am assuming it is to do with the lymph nodes (I hope).

PS, I am neg for mono LOL

Lena
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Just curious, where are the "nodes" that are swollen? For several years I had swollen node in the armpit area.

During that time, I was the sickest with fibro. I no longer have swollen nodes at all, and my fibro is much better. I don't know if that is related or not.

8. board

board New Member

hello i was reading your post i have fms but i allso have sarcoidosis you need to have a look at this just in case becouse it is missed so much have a read and see nothing to lose all the best jill
  9. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

That is something I need to really check into!

Thank you!

Lena