swollen lymph nodes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by valliali, Sep 16, 2008.

1. valliali

valliali New Member

Do CFS sufferers typically have swollen lymph nodes?
    I was diagnosed with POTS, a dsyautonomia that is supposed to be very similar to CFS, but my doctor and I are having doubts. I had a CT scan of a chain of swollen lymph nodes in my neck, which have been present since I've been sick for over a year now, and the ENT said that they are definitely swollen and perhaps I should look into something like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have read up on CFS, but haven't read anything about lymph nodes actually being swollen. Have read that they can feel tender and painful, but nothing about them being enlarged.
    My lymph nodes have had the same maximum size, but they fluctuate from feeling almost nonexistant to their max size, never larger though.
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

yes CFS can cause swollen lymph nodes.

personally, i believe it is because of underlying infection.
  3. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

Swollen Lymph Nodes are a huge symptom from that.

Good Luck!!
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

yes they can be a symptom of ME/CFS - I have had them all over (neck, armpits, groin etc) at various times in my illness. They also hurt like hell.

I think they are either due to underlying infection or/and an upregulated (overactive) immune system.

Get your dr to rule out other things with a complete blood workup to make sure though.

Love Bunchy x
  5. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Yes they can be a symptom. I had mine swollen A LOT when I had CFIDS.

If I flared they would get bad ... if I was feeling okay-ish they would be more normal sized.
  6. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Yes, I had two of my lymph nodes removed and checked for cancer before I was formally diagnosed with CFS. My other lymph nodes still swell when I'm having a bad day. Mine were swollen for a solid year before they removed them. Oh, and there was no cancer. Whew.

Good luck.