Swollen Ovary and Endo questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjr2003, May 27, 2006.

1. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Hi everyone :>) I recently had my 2nd vag.ultrasound to

see if I still had any cyst(s) left on my ovaries and the

scan showed zero cysts, but the tech said that my right

ovary was swollen. What could that mean? Anyone ever had

this to come up on a scan? My left ovary area is what has

been hurting so badly for 6 months now, the right has a

twinge of pain every now and then, but nothing too

significant. I went to the gastroenterologist this week

and he thinks my pain is female organ related and not the

result of just IBS. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy to

rule out anything being wrong there; I go this next

Thursday for that; and then the following Tuesday they have

me down in the books for a diagnostic laparascopy. At my

gyn appt. this past week my gyn thinks I probably have

endo, but wanted me to see the gastro dr. just in case he

had another theory. My bad pain is when I ovulate and when

my period comes, but during the month for the past two

months now I have pain all the time pretty much. It hurts

so bad to have my bowels move. I was on the toilet crying

and moaning this am. I broke out in a bad sweat and

thought I would surely pass out, and then I got the chills

real bad. Has anyone ever had endo pain that affects them

when they lift something or do vacuuming????? I cannot do

either of these at all without it resulting in horrific

pain. I am also having trouble riding in a vehicle. The

jarring effects from it make me hurt so bad. My worst pain

is by my left ovary and it goes up my

left side, and it goes down into my left hip and leg and

even goes around my back some. My intestines hurt like I

was hit w/ a baseball bat. I have had IBS for forever and

it never hurt like this. This makes me think that I could

have endo wrapped around my intestines and ovaries. The

tech said that my intestines that go vertically on my left

side were laying right next to my uterus and left ovary.

That is where the bigtime pain is. She mentioned colitis

as a possibility, but I looked into that online and I do

not ever have diarhea , so I don't think it is that.

Anyhow, I am wondering why my ovary could be swollen?? I am

wondering about alot these days. I just want to find out

for sure what is going on, so we can treat it and go on,

you know. OH!! One more question. . . if you have had a

lapraroscopy done, how long did the recovery take? My

family is coming to see me 8 days after my laparoscopy. Am

I going to be able to bend over in 8 days after my

procedure? Love to all and best wishes always, Carla

[This Message was Edited on 05/27/2006]
  2. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

bumping for help
  3. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

4. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

anybody out there? :>)
  5. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

biggee bump
  6. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Hi!!!! Thanks for posting. I do hope I get some responses tonight. I am going to have to hit the bed for now though :>) I bet a bunch of others have already done the very same thing. I will check back tomorrow and see who I can catch! LOL Carla
  7. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

All my life I had serious pain with my period. They tired all the stuff at the time that they thought would help. Not of it did. When I joined the navy it got worse and ended up in er from the pain making it hard to even stand up straight. The day my ex husband actually reliezed how bad it was. At the time I was taking straight codine and it wasn't helping but the night my husband got it I was standing at the stove cooking and all of a sudden when dealthy white and passed out. I was scheduled for explority too but was told that if they went in and found what they thought they would find they would go ahead and just do a hystorectomy. Well at 21 I didn't really want to hear that I would never have kids so I asked if I could have children. They gave me less then one percent odds of getting pregent. When I went to my work up for the exploritory I was pregent. I was never so happy. I had two other children before the hystorectomy and they were all babies my doctors told me i couldn't have.

Having the laparoscopy shouldn't be too bad and if everything goes right bending over after 8 days but remember to take it easy. I hope everything will turn out right for you. I do have to say that after the hystorectomy all my pain dissappeared and it was great. A little blue cause I couldn't have anymore kids but not having that pain anymore was such a god send....SueF
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

Hmmmmm where to start....????

First off,...I'm so sorry that they suspect Endo.
    I WAS DX with Endo after my last child was born(he's 10)

I had exact sypmtoms as you are describing,...even my left side is way worse than the other.
    The lap surgery is'nt that bad,....but I'll tell ya,
    they seem to get easier on me cause I know what to expect now. (I think I've had 4,..and due for another)

The first time I was sore for about 5 days. sore enough to need pain meds every 4-6 hrs.
    Bowel movements are bad for me too. They say its IBS but I think alot of it is endo pain.
    My hip hurts real bad alot and that pain shoots into my legs! I have groin pain also,..and my tailbone aches all the time.
    The endo pain is with me almost everyday.
    After getting 'cleaned out' I'll only have pain with ovulation and periods. (mild) but lately its been all month. My low back hurts alot and I have bladder symptoms.
    at my last Lap (2002?) I had endo on most of my female organs and my ureters,colon,and the ligaments that support your uterus to your spine.
    All of your symptoms are the same as mine.

I'll check back and see if you have any other questions for me.
    Best of Luck on your Lap :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  9. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

I really appreciate each and every one of the posts ya'll left for me :>) Hugs to you all. I am still wondering about the swollen ovary though? What is that from? A cyst? would endo cause that? I feel like it is forever before June 6th when my lap is done. I have to go for the colonoscopy on June 1st - what can they tell from that test? I am really crampy today and I thought I would cry just from ironing a shirt for my husband this am. I only made it through the first part of church services today and then my husband brought me home. Love to all, Carla
  10. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Are hormones affected by endo? I feel like PMS is just so much more aggressive on me since all this started. And I feel anxious alot. Today, I just don't feel like myself at all, and I sit and try to decide if it the pain that is making me like this or hormones or what? I have been crying, and I am not much into feeling sorry for myself, I am really not, but , right now, I feel pretty emotional. My parents are coming to see me from WV on June 14th, and there is so much I wanted to have done w/ spring cleaning the house before they came, and it is just not going to get done. I am not even sure how the basics are going to get done right now. And that just drives me crazy!! I feel so disabled when the pain gets this bad. Everything that I do irritates my body and makes me feel worse. I can't lift anything, can't vacuum, can't stretch to clean the tubs. How do women deal with this? thank God I was already on a leave of abscence from work, but I go back on July 10th and I am worried I am not going to be ready by then. This pain just wears me out. I have the heating pad stretched across my entire pelvic/abdominal area - the heat feels good. Well, I need to go for now, just had a few more questions, can only stay online for a little bit, then back to the couch for me. thanks so much everyone :>) Love, Carla
  11. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Swollen ovaries can have several causes. scar tissue from cysts, inflammation, malign or benign growth, etc. Your gynecologist should find out why the ovarie is enlarged.

It seems they are doing something to find out?! There's only one way to find out.

Do a google on enlarged ovarie, see what comes up.
  12. tandy

tandy New Member

I've had the swollen ovary at least 2 times that I recall. One time I remember them using the word thickened ovary. (??? whatever that means)

both times I beleive it was THAT paticular ovary that was ovulating,and due to the Endo it was swollen/inflammed/painful.
    I would think Endo could be one cause of having an enlarged ovary.
    But other things as well,...so its a good thing to go thru with the lap.
    Let us know how you make out~
    keeping you in prayer
    Tandy
  13. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

. .. for the support! :>) and the info - I really appreciate it. My lap is a week away and it is so hard to wait. I go for a colonoscopy this Thursday; not looking forward to THAT at all. Hope nothing is wrong on that end. Trying to just keep positive thoughts!!! But that is hard right now when I have so much pain and I am so scared of what is going on in there. I just need to pray. I have been putting off praying for myself too long, so I am going right now to talk to the man in charge of my life/soul/purpose and just give it up to Him!! LOL and blessings, Carla
  14. MamaR

MamaR New Member

This is so bad for you! I am asking God to touch you soon and make this clear and easy to detect... or better yet REMOVE the problem from you so that you are well!

I guess that this should be on the worhip board...but I needed to say it to you.

Love...Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 05/29/2006]
  15. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

I did that google and pretty much came up with what you did. There are just so many unknowns right now, and it is making me a nervous wreck, you know? With this much pain, and having every symptom of endo, I feel I know I have it. For me, it's how bad is it in there? Has it been growing for 7 years? or what? I am scared that I won't be able to handle the pain of endo along with the pain of fibro and migraines and IBS and all the other tidbit stuff that takes away from my life everyday. ug.......... I am a mess right now. I am sure my hormones are way out of wack. Thanks for listening, love, Carla
  16. i had a hysterectomy operation 12 years ago,because i was plagued with ovarian cysts, in my younger years, and other things that needed urgent surgery.

anyway,last year i went to view my medical records in order to get information about my fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome,for my dissability appeal (which i lost).

nothing much was mentioned about my above illnesses.but my eyes were opened wide when i read that my womb had been very swollen..in their words it was called very bulky.

further through my reports it was mentioned that other organs were bulky too.so im thinking that seeing as i have a illness that relates to muscles and swelling.is it possible that i am bloated in my tummy because my organs are bulky,very swollen.

this would explain why some days when i weigh myself, i can have gained over a extra stone in weight.just for it to be gone 4 days later,then returns again.i already know that i have head pain and confusion because the muscles are swelling up around my brain..i was told about this by a person on our uk health helpline,she said its a major find in people with fibro..things internal swell up..are bulky.

so i figure that this illness that we have..the fibromyalgia,is causing our organs to swell,that would explain why we have so much internal pain.and i think doctors know about it too,but arent saying anything.after all,they cant fix us can they,so i think they just ignore our pleas for help.

but the maddening part is..they choose to say this illness is all in our heads,that we got stressed and made ourselves ill.my gut feeling is..we have something that makes our organs swell,even the heart.and thats why we have major flare ups of this fibro.and feel so ill in ourselves.but the doctors cant fix us,so they find a way of changing the subject at our hospital appointments,and we just go back home to face this syndromes curse,yet another day.

all the best
    fran
  17. bumping.. as i would like to hear from more of you.especially those of you who have managed to view your hospital medical reports...did you find any evidence that your internal organs were reffered to as being bulky/swollen?

kind regards
    fran
  18. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

CJR2003, I don't have the pain that you're having but did want to let you know that I also, just found out that I have to have a colonoscopy also due to some unknown problems.

I have to go and get the bloodowkr done and go from there.
    I hope all goes well with you and you get evernthing else staighend out.

God Bless You,
    BlueSky555
  19. kb101

kb101 New Member

Hi, I am just guessing here, but your situation sounds like Endometriosis and PolyCystic Ovary problems.
    The gynecologist needs to step in and take a better look at the problems.
    KB